Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

**The F&H-series OBX LSD thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**The F&H-series OBX LSD thread**

Since there's so much debate on the OBX LSD I'm going to do a full review of the OBX LSD, as well as installing instructions/photos.

I received the unit this morning had to pay 349 euro's (about $415-$420)

Theres no label on the box telling which LSD is in the box...so I can (for now) only assume that it's the H22 one.

Overall the unit looks good, u can tell it isn't A-grade, but its ok. I will check tolerances later this week. (Depends on the availabilty of the 3D Mitutoyo)

Decent box and over sufficient oiling

The finish looks good, altough there's a lil bit of light surface damage on one of the milled sides (this wont affect operation)

I tried to take a few pics of the splines, will take measurements to see it there is any problem with the fitment of the axles

It didnt seem to bother the dog....

Anyway, if anyone can give me the torque specs of the bolts that would be great. Then I'll be able to take the thing apart and inspect the internals.

ANY tips/advices are welcome.

And please dont tell me that I had to buy the Quaife LSD, I made the choice to buy this one KNOWING it wouldn't meet up to their standards. I'm aware of the risk.

The LSD is made by:

http://www.advancedmanufacturinggroup.com/

that company seems to do business with pretty well-known customers

Last edited by Dutchaccord; 08-01-2006, 04:27 PM.

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

looks just like my quaife.

good luck with that.
    Last edited by Accord SiR; 02-09-2006, 07:16 AM.
    Carlos
    My Members Ride Page

Comment

PM or AIM me for torque specs, if you do not have them already.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

If the dog didn't mind it then it must be good stuff! Definately keep us updated on this. I have been curious about that LSD for a while and continue to sway from paying $$$$ for Quiafe to maybe trying the OBX. Definately keep us updated with the details on this.
        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

<< watching intently
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i just pressed the speedo gear of an old diff i have;

Be carefull not to damage/break this gear!!! it only comes with an complete diff if u need one...

Will order the new bearings shortly.

@ hondafan; ive got the specs already thanks anyway

2k20:

Comment

bearings and shims should run about 80-100 bux....

good luck bro, i have no complaints on my Quaife, and im very interested to see how this one holds up!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

i miss your cb dutch!

Comment

any update on this lsd?
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                    any update on this lsd?
                    I dont think he has the motor installed yet.
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i just installed one on my d series tranny. ........well to say the least it definately works.

there were however some install problems. the threaded holes that attach the final drive to the lsd were too close to the housing of the lsd. i could NOT put a socket over the bolt when i tried reinstalling it. i lil bit of grinding with the dremel fixed that issue. second, the shims honda makes are too big so you basically have to run it w/o any shims. im not sure if this is also the case with the h22 lsd.

i didnt have any issues with the axles getting stuck. i installed /unistalled the axles several times and not once did it get stuck. some people over on honda-tech said their axles got stuck the very first time. not true in my case. its been several hundred miles now, ill try to remove them again, just to see if they get stuck.

i took pics and have a whole write up but i want to film some burnouts before i post up

as far as performance goes, as soon asi got the car runing, i was doing two tire burn outs. works great and youll have to learn how to drive your car again around corners because your car will stick. definately worth 400 bux.

Comment

its in... just havent ot the time right now to post

2k20:

Comment

I'm really excited to see how this turns out. This would be a great alternative to quiafe.
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Awesome. I was originally going to be the test dummy, but I chickened out glad to hear someone capable is doing it! At least we know that any problems that arise won't be the fault of the installer (or at least that chance will be minimal). I always wonder if certain products get a bad reputation because the people intalling them are idiots...

Anyway, I hope it works! I still may get one!

Comment

bump, quit building your house dutchaccord!
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X