Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door panel removal

How do u remove the door's speakerS?
    the ones i currently have are blown and they suck @$$.

thx if u can help me wit dis
    Attached Files
    92 Accord EX-R

Neons
    Stock Rest - Any Ideas?

Its a 92 Ex-R
    92 Accord EX-R

Neons
    Stock Rest - Any Ideas?

Comment

search for "pannel" and you will find my post, its coverd before. i would answer but i dont have exact time right now....ill be back later to help u more.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

oh thx man i found it.
        which kind of speakers would fit in there
        im kinda noob and shiz. And what would u reccomment in there.
        92 Accord EX-R

Neons
        Stock Rest - Any Ideas?

Comment

I am not sure about if they will fit or not, but Infinity all round will sound nice even if you just get the lower end referance series. I have pioneer 2-way 6.5 in my 90 LX doors, and they sound pretty good, a good bang for the $$

I know that the mounting depth in the doors isnt very deep, so a good place to go to see what would fit is www.crutchfield.com but do not buy from there, they are way overpriced, just use em as a referance, and order from www.thezeb.com or www.ikesound.com

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

The speaker size is 6.5" on a DX/LX, and on a EX/SE its 5.25 i learned that after i bought the speakers and ripped off my door

To remove the doors i think theres about 5 screws. 2 near the door lock, one in the place next to the power windows the little thing you use to close the door, one near the light on the door, and theres one plastic screw near the dash. Then its clips all the way around.
            Oh and becareful removing the trim because the wires for my harness were really short i almost ripped everything out

Comment

when you take out the handle area, u have to push it forward first after u take out the screw. push it hard and then pull out and a bar will be holding it, take a flat head and pop that off.

to find how much room you have for a speaker keep your window DOWn so you can test clearence.

infinity kappa wont fit most likley without mods, maybe reference...iono

sorrie i was a dick earlier, i was trying to work on my car haha
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Thx a lot

would these speakers be any good?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/pna...etailComponent

whats the difference between premier and the normal ones? too

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/pna...758019,00.html

and wat does 2 way and 3 way do?
                Last edited by TcH2; 02-28-2004, 05:06 PM.
                92 Accord EX-R

Neons
                Stock Rest - Any Ideas?

Comment

I would go with them, they sound pretty good, there really isnt much differance between the 2, mainly price. The best way to explain 2 and 3 way is that 2 way is like 2 speakers in one (one handels high's and the larger to handle the lows) 3 ways is like 3 small speakers in one (one for lows, one for more mids, and the other for lows). I would go with the 3 ways if you have the choice. Thats the easiest way to explain it. Make sure that you check the mounting depth on the speakers before you buy to make sure that they will fit.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

they are the same i think...i like 3 ways

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Man that shit was easy, I did it today and was stuck after i got all the screws out, U gota pull the shit out and unhook the door handle,oh yea mine only had 3 screws to screw out.

Comment

HELP! Still can't get the damn panel off

Ok - I've read every post on removing the door panel - but still can't get it. All screws out, all plugs on bottom out. Can't move the handle area at all - it won't budge. Do I need to disconnect the door handle before the panel will come off? And what about the wiring for the power windows/mirrors (driver's side) - do I need to disconnect these first?

I just got my 91 EX-R and need to replace the run channel rubber and fix the window. The guy I bought it from had a remote starter installed w/ remote locks, could this be something else to disconnect?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Once u have all the screws out u pull out the door handle alittle bit and unhook the little bar that connects to the handle, there a little plastic piece that u have to turn because it keeps the hook connected, after that u should b able to pull the door panel out and disconnect the wiring harness before u pull it off completly.

Comment

yea just break the plastic clip on the metal rod thats holding the door handle on.
                            92 accord lx sedan

Phantom Grey Crew #6
                            MY ACCORD

Comment

why would you break it? then you cant use it. Dont break it just pop it off :-[

Comment

Working...
                              X