First Thread Ever! Welder Cart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Thread Ever! Welder Cart...

Here's a project I've been doing, sorry I don't have many pics as I'm doing it, but...

...Alright, I still have work to do with the welder car, such as add sides and a back, couple hooks for cables, rig something up when I get the tank, and paint/coat the whole unit when I'm completely done. Advice, tips, comments are welcomed if it's positive...

...and here's my messy garage. I should probbly clean it, eh?
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

very nice in my opinion. I always like it when you can make something instead of goin out and spending rediculous amounts of money good work

Comment

Nice man, so did you hack-up the legs instead if notching the shelves to fit?
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by lowcord
        very nice in my opinion. I always like it when you can make something instead of goin out and spending rediculous amounts of money good work
        Thank you...I must say, after doing a project like this, you feel better about yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
          Nice man, so did you hack-up the legs instead if notching the shelves to fit?
          sure did, this way the shelves are more stable(and level) without compromising the streigth(trust me, I sat on top of it, it ain't going anywhere).

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
            looks good man, the feeling you get when you weld up something that looks amazing and holds up to anything is amazing, keep up the work, and hopefully you'll be able to post up some more projects in here soon
            I'm debating on what my next project is....any suggestions?

Comment

Hmmmm, I made a work tray with an adjustable height setting. This thing is a must for working on cars. End those days of stashing tools around the engine compartment until you need them again, you'll eventually live to regret it....

I didn't want it rolling away, so I didn't mount wheels on it. I used 3 legs so it's always stable even on uneven ground/concrete.(you could use locking wheels I suppose) I used a cookie sheet, and drilled the ends to hold screw drivers and other small tools. I used flat black paint for rust protection...... Best part is it's Teflon coated, so everything wipes right off!!!

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                Hmmmm, I made a work tray with an adjustable height setting. This thing is a must for working on cars. End those days of stashing tools around the engine compartment until you need them again, you'll eventually live to regret it....

I didn't want it rolling away, so I didn't mount wheels on it. I used 3 legs so it's always stable even on uneven ground/concrete.(you could use locking wheels I suppose) I used a cookie sheet, and drilled the ends to hold screw drivers and other small tools. I used flat black paint for rust protection...... Best part is it's Teflon coated, so everything wipes right off!!!

cool, I might have to create something like that cause I have a bad habit of laying tools around the engine compartment, but the car hasn't moved in ages so it's not that bad....yet. Although I'd probbly use 1/8" sheet of metal instead of a cookie pan...

Comment

i like this thread although i have no idea how to weld nor do i have the means to buy a welder but this should show some behind the seens fabrication you guys are coming up with

-sean
                  Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                  Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
                    i like this thread although i have no idea how to weld nor do i have the means to buy a welder but this should show some behind the seens fabrication you guys are coming up with

-sean
                    Yup, if you stick around the welding/fab forum long enough, I'll have a cylinder tank to assist with future projects. Plus I think we might be able to sway you and others into getting a welder...

Comment

I fabbed this up for my bike a couple of months ago, I didn't feel like spending $100+ on a production part.

Steel Scrap Total = $10

Here's the start, rough cut stainless channel above the plastic stocker

Spaced up, and marked for my pre-bent brackets

TIG'ed with stainless filler and argon gas

Fit before wet sanding and final polish

Part during polish, there was a bit of heat distortion from the welding....this did not affect the final fit or look

Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 03-27-2006, 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling?
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

I just scored a 178cf tank today and dang does my welds look so much better!

Comment

Working...
                        X