Welding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding

Ok So I'm going to attempt to weld My header into a one piece to stop the friggin leak thats driving me nuts, i cannot find a gasket to fit it. I tried to get some info on Contacting OBX because i think they make their own gaskets for these, with no luck, So im just gonna weld the god damn thing. I just wanted to know the simple steps on how to get started welding with a mig welder. Can Anyone help me out???
    Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

if you weld it wouldnt that make the whole thing very complicated to remove for any reason? and install after you get it welded together.

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

Any header gasket should fit....or just call them.

(650) 873-8800
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Thank You So Much for that Number! I have been fighting with the Son Of A Bitch that sold it to me for that number. Thank You.
        Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

aucualy i was thinking of talking the rear rust on the quarters myself. i'm planning on buying replacement panels. and cut out the old rusty ones. took welding my freshman year in highschool. is there any tips i need to know hen it comes to welding this stuff? i know before i weld i need clamps to keep it up soo i can tack it in.
          thanks Jason
          95 accord 5-speed green coupe SOLD!
          93 H22 PRELUDE 5spd si Black

I have a JWhite retro, Do you?
          fghgfhf

Comment

Originally posted by hondamugen103
            aucualy i was thinking of talking the rear rust on the quarters myself. i'm planning on buying replacement panels. and cut out the old rusty ones. took welding my freshman year in highschool. is there any tips i need to know hen it comes to welding this stuff? i know before i weld i need clamps to keep it up soo i can tack it in.
            thanks Jason
            I might be too late but, if you weld it yourself tack, tack, tack. Do NOT use a continuous bead.....it'll warp the s%*t outta the metal.
            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

so whats the current status, and btw you cant mig weld an manifold you have to get a special welder and heat up the metal and cool it off n some stuff like that, cause its cast i presume(its stock) or else the weld will just break off
              My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Originally posted by John Conner18
                so whats the current status, and btw you cant mig weld an manifold you have to get a special welder and heat up the metal and cool it off n some stuff like that, cause its cast i presume(its stock) or else the weld will just break off
                You might be able to stick weld the manifold with extreme heat, but I'm not sure. It'd be easier to just replace it, or use that as an excuse to upgrade to a header......

I searched google as well:
                http://www.esabna.com/EUWeb/OXY_handbook/589oxy16_1.htm
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

thanks yall for your help and the comments.
                  95 accord 5-speed green coupe SOLD!
                  93 H22 PRELUDE 5spd si Black

I have a JWhite retro, Do you?
                  fghgfhf

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                    I might be too late but, if you weld it yourself tack, tack, tack. Do NOT use a continuous bead.....it'll warp the s%*t outta the metal.
                    Exactly what i was going to say.. also when your welding put the voltage on 1 and the wire speed between 30 an 40. that is what I usally weld on. Also watch out on how long you hold the the trigger when you're welding; you will burn straight throught becasue the metal is so thin.
                    GOT REBEL?

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."

Comment

Working...
                    X