CB7: The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7: The Movie

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS November 15th, 2007! IF I HAVEN'T RECIEVED SUFFICIENT MATERIAL BY THEN THE PROJECT WILL BE SCRAPPED! SO GET THOSE VIDEOS SENT IN!

EMAIL VIDEOS TO CB7MOVIE@GMAIL.COM

ALSO WEB VIDEOS LIKE YOUTUBE CRAP ARE NOT WHAT I NEED, PLEASE ONLY SEND HIGH QUALITY FILES IN MPEG, QUICKTIME, OR AVI FORMAT. I ALSO ACCEPT MEDIA SENT IN VIA THE MAIL SUCH AS VHS-C, 8MM, HI8, MINIDV, MINIDVD, DVD, ETC... EMAIL ME FOR SHIPPING DETAILS.

::Please email all videos to CB7MOVIE@GMAIL.COM or pm me for details of sending in a DVD, data CD, video tape, or other form of media::

Ok, I promised it and now here it is, the CB7: The Movie teaser, it's just a really small little teaser made with some footage of my own car just to give you all a taste of what's to come. The quality isn't that fantastic since it's been compressed for web viewing, but the final movie will be in DVD format.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

I'm not sure how many of you know this but I'm a videographer and editor, and have my own multimedia company (just starting out), and I came up with an idea for a project that I think this community would really appreciate.

I would like to create a film somewhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour and 30 minutes long all about the CB7......but there's a catch. I only have access to one CB7 (my own) and don't have time to film an hour and a half film about it. Besides I think that would be boring to the rest of you and I think that everyone has the right to participate.

Here's what I'm asking of the community:

1.) Go out and film your car. Film stuff about your modifications. Film stuff about meets. Film burnouts, drag racing, drifting (ass-dragging), autoXing, revving, dyno tests, or whatever else you think is cool.

2.) Get it onto your computer in a decent format. (At least semi-high quality, no cellphone vids, etc...)

3.) Email the clips to cb7movie@gmail.com or msg me about sending me a CD/DVD or other type of media, or arranging another means of file transfer.

After I recieve a decent amount of clips I will begin to edit the sequences and I will even set up and host a small website featuring the movie.

This is a completely volunteer project, but remember that without you it can't be done. If the project goes off as well as I'm hoping I can even have DVDs made with cases, etc... and will sell them for the cost of creating them and shipping.

I would really appreciate if a moderator would make this thread a sticky, because I don't know about you but I would really like to see CB7: The Movie.

Below are some basic technical specs of the videos I would like to receive:

*avi, mpg, or mov format using either divx, sorenson, or some other good quality codec

*at least 320x240 resolution please since DVD is 720x480
    Last edited by Torqstr; 07-18-2007, 05:18 PM.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

good idea hope this comes through

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

edit: im an idiot
      Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 09-27-2006, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I certainly hope this project does come through, as I'm willing to devote my time to doing it if everyone participates.

So remember guys send in those vids! Oh, and please don't post links to low quality vids on the net, if this is to be a "movie" I need good source material. Thanks.
        I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Stickied.

I suggest that we please minimize the street racing clips, as imports already have a bad name and we don't need to add to it.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

oewquitit: suggestion taken into consideration. I will include people cutting up on the streets, but nothing that looks too crazy in the middle of traffic or anything like that. If you're going to do something crazy on a street PLEASE try to make sure that it's on a country road or something with little to no traffic. I agree that we don't want to make ourselves look bad as import tuners already have a bad reputation.

Anyway have fun with it guys and start sending in them vids! Anything you got is better than nothing.

Comment

Just a suggestion but wouldnt the movie be of higher video quality if everyone were to burn the video directly to a CD/DVD instead of uploading it to the net? I havent done that much work with video off of the net lately but just seems to me that the quality would be higher if you could get the video directly from a DVD. Just my two cents worth. Later

Comment

you're right it would. but not everyone can, or would send me a DVD.

so if it's at least good quality video clips it will work.

Comment

Yeah I was just thinking about it and if you would like me to if people could send their VHS tape or Hi-8 tape to me I could transfer it to DVD for like a 3 bucks + shipping and then could forward it to you so that your not having to take all the video straight off the net. LMK. Later

Comment

yea i agree with this thread im gonna see if i can record some vids in the so cal meet this weekend

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                    "2SIIC"
                    Authentic Jerseys for sale
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

nice idea!!!
                      Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                      Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

allright, good start guys. Get the vids to me and I will get them edited

Comment

you should have footage of TX cb7s cometime in november...i dunno if thats too late

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq
                          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

if you wanted to keep the quality
                            you could encrypt it then upload it.
                            thats how people download movies with good quality. yup yup.

i'll have to make some clips for ya.
                            uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

oh wow this is the best idea ever!!!! So basically it doesnt matter how much footage we send since you will be editing and slicing and all that good shit....so...i have a sony cybershot 3.2 mp camera that with my memory stick can hold right now up to about 22 mins of video and i can set it at the highest quality and put it on dvd and send to you....so for my case i think im going to just make a few random videos and send them via mail per dvd if thats cool??

Comment

Working...
                              X