Buzzing when my heater is on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzing when my heater is on.

Today I got in my car and turned the heater on for the first time in a couple of weeks since it is getting cold out. There is some kind of buzzing or vibrating noise that you can hear while driving. The sound is coming from the passenger side and it got louder by the floor board. Does anyone know what this might be?!?!?!? Any suggestions on what to do? By the way it does kick off when you turn the heat off. But stays on as long as the heat is running!
    "You are part of a great thing. Live for it, Talk for it and dream for it."
    "A friend is someone who will be there when the rest of the world walks out on you!"

"People who toy with others hearts...are only unhappy in their own lives."

Originally posted by SoCqT08
    Today I got in my car and turned the heater on for the first time in a couple of weeks since it is getting cold out. There is some kind of buzzing or vibrating noise that you can hear while driving. The sound is coming from the passenger side and it got louder by the floor board. Does anyone know what this might be?!?!?!? Any suggestions on what to do? By the way it does kick off when you turn the heat off. But stays on as long as the heat is running!
    hmm i might be wrong but i think all that is is that the extra power used to run the ac/heat makes the car vibrate.

Our accords are known for their vibration.

Mine does this as well but it doesnt buzz(you might be mistaking the buzz for like plastic vibrating against plastic like your steering wheel cover thing vibrating against ur dash)

It just makes it idle slightly rougher because its adding extra workload on the car.

It might be possible to correct it, like better alternator/msd upgrade yadda yadda yadda but i dont think its a problem.....

then again i could be way off but thats my guess.... never heard of a problem with the heat ya know and a good amount of dudes on here dont have ac or heat lol so

Comment

Well I have never heard this noise until today. So I tried to figure out where it is coming from and it is louder on the passenger side down on the floor board. But it isnt like plastic rubbing. It is just a noise i have never heard before when my heater runs. I know what the normal vibrations sound like and this is just a different noise!
      "A friend is someone who will be there when the rest of the world walks out on you!"

Comment

When did this start Bri? Is it your glove box rattling like mine does? My glovebox rattles when I run the heat. Just needs to be realigned. Remind me next time you are here in KC and I will have a listen if it is still happening. Has your heat been getting any warmer? Or is its still just warm but not the hot air like in mine? Just curious. This would be the place to ask if you havent figured that out too. Later

Comment

It is a new sound and not my glove box i checked it out today it is under that lower I cant tell where it is coming from except for down by the floor board more. No my heat isnt burning hot like yours...BOO! Im going to freeze this winter!

Comment

Anyone know what could be keeping her heat from getting hot? Her's will get warm but no matter how far you crank it to the hot side it wont get any warmer. Just to clarify, the air coming out of the vents is warm but not warm enought to help defrost the front windshield unless she was to leave it for hours. Mine I turned on the heat full blast when I went to defrost mine and it about thawed off the 1/2" of ice on the front windshield before I had scraped the driverside windows. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Someone has to know what to do to fix this little problem and help my girl out. Later

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
              it sounds like it may be your heater core, especially if your not blowing hot air just warm. dont quote me on that, but thats would make sense since your not getting hot air
              Thats what I was wondering Zach. Whereabouts is the heater core located on our CB's I am assuming in the front near the radiator? So probably something that the bumper would have to be removed to access? Later

Comment

my hot is not hot, just warm.. but thats only since i redid the engine bay? i dont particularly care, so im not sure. the heater core is behind the center of hte dashboard, right behind where the main vents and radio are.

as far as the vibration/buzzing, sounds like its just your blower motor vibrating, or the ECU cover plate. if you push your feet down against the carpet where the ecu would be, does it go away? what about if you push up against the plastic vent-looking thing under the right side of the glovebox (blower motor)?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Air pockets in the coolant system will give you poor heat, turning the knob all the way to the hottest setting but the valve that is attached to the other end of the cable not opening up all the way will also give you poor heat. As far as the buzzing sound goes, try selecting a different setting on the air control.... press the heat button, than the defrost, than the heat button again. The controls are electronic and the mechanism might be hung up. Or water got into where the fan is from the rain or washing, froze to ice, and now the fan is stuck in place.... does the fan blow?
                  It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

^ what he said ^
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Well yesterday in the midst of everything and all of the snow I checked some things out. Doesnt change when you push your feet on the carpet and the setting doesnt really matter if it is high or low or anything like that. But after my car ran for about 40 min to defrost the windows it stopped but kicked back on later!??!?!? Ill have (madspleen85) look at it when i come home for christmas i guess! BOO!

Comment

Working...
                      X