WTF is up with SMASHLAB???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF is up with SMASHLAB???

I don't usually rant about a stupid TV show but Smash Lab makes me want to punch a hole in my TV! What the hell is wrong with this show! Stopping a runaway trailer with fucking rockets!? That's the dumbest thing I've heard of. There is no science to any of their shows and the douchebags they hired as hosts are anything but professionals engineers and scientists. What are your guys thoughts of this show?

Here's Discovery Channels official Smash Lab forum. It's nothing but 8 pages of topics telling Discovery to pull the plug on this show.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/f...m/f/2741990149

Okay end rant...
    HATE IT
    88.46%
    LOVE IT
    11.54%
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

They are like mythbusters but they're just thinking with the wrong head. Its like mythbusters with immature people just blowing stuff up.

Comment

I have seen the show its like myte buster for stupid people. I like the show to a point but i don't see it really hitting off as could as the way they want it to. they say its about finding new ways to do things, the rockets on the trailer is stupid but i get them probs for thinking out of the box on trying to stop on out of control trailer. Anyways the show could be better if they didn't show stupid ideas like that but a lot of tv is stupid so its all up the masses to decided if its good or not. Overall i rate the show 6 out of 10. I dont love it or hate it entirely , i just think its kinda of like jackass, but that shows better.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

I would rather look at golden girls all day than SL....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

the only thing i found interesting is when they did the carbon fiber test.

but other then that i think smash lab is stupid.

myth busters is like the best show for me ever on discovery channel.
          dirty jobs wins second place

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
            the only thing i found interesting is when they did the carbon fiber test.

but other then that i think smash lab is stupid.

myth busters is like the best show for me ever on discovery channel.
            dirty jobs wins second place
            i thought that was such a huge waste of carbon fiber.
            ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7
              i thought that was such a huge waste of carbon fiber.
              yea it was. i thought it was a total waste just to reinforce a busted trailer. they could of atleast used a new trailer and get better results.

i hated it because they wasted soo much cf....but i was interested to see how powerful cf was.

Comment

cheap Mythbusters rip off IMO.

Anyways, Kari Byron is way hotter than the chick they got for Smash Lab. At least Byron actually seems intelligent; the smash lab chick just seems like she's repeating lines someone fed her.
                1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

mythbusters for the win

/end
                  Originally posted by jboyce
                  i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by benji
                    cheap Mythbusters rip off IMO.

Anyways, Kari Byron is way hotter than the chick they got for Smash Lab. At least Byron actually seems intelligent; the smash lab chick just seems like she's repeating lines someone fed her.
                    they all sound scripted

none of them seem like they really know what theyre doing, i wouldnt even consider that show worthy of ripping off glory from Mythbusters..... if anything it renforces it. (the point of the show maybe???)

however i did find the train episode amusing with the front airbag that flipped a car several times.

SMASH LAB FTL!!!

Comment

the acting is soo corny.. reminds me when i used to watch PIMP MY RIDE and it was soo much better when it had WCC. when they turned into GAS the guys just over acted and it seemed soo lame.

SMASH LAB FTL!

Comment

x108 on MythBusters RIP-OFF

Im all for blowing stuff up, and if they sold this on DVD with just the clips of stuff being smashed or blown-up, then maybe id buy it, but the BS in between ruins the whole thing.

MythBusters FTW
                        How It's Made = 2nd Place

Thats another thing..."Some Assembly Required"...another rip-off

Since when do TV channels rip-off their own programming

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
                          mythbusters for the win

/end
                          I can't stand mythbusters. But I'm always forced into watching it. I keep expecting someone to say something funny, but then they don't, so I'm stuck anxiously awaiting some kind of comedic relief to no avail. Once in a while they have a cool myth though. It almost seems like they're running out of ideas lately.

Comment

29 pages of smash lab FAIL.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/f...9/m/3571981449

Comment

all the ideas are just stupid, i saw the first episode, disliked it. the earthquake one was a little bit interesting but the train one was just stupid as hell. plus they show you everything you need to know in the previews days ahead

174.92 BHP / 171.45 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                              X