Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

g/f wants to trade in cavi (praise the lord)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g/f wants to trade in cavi (praise the lord)

she wants an 03-05 accord coupe...sweeeeeeeeeeet!!! it has to be auto which sux cuz she has carpal tunnel (sp) so she cant shift. anyways, i was looking at some things for it all ready, fogs, lip kits prob hfp, header, exhaust, intake, stuff like that.

does anyone know what kind of engine management can be used. besides probably aem ems, i heard about this kpro thing, but there isnt a way to run a chipped ecu, and i dont think you can run the jumper harness type thing back to obd1. im assuming its a reflash type ecu like my subaru and all the new ecus.

i am kind of excited because my dad has a 4 door 05 and i like it a lot. its smooth, of course he has everything known to man, heated leather, sunroof, xm w/6 disc. so i all ready have experience with them, its just a pain because i dont know much about the engine management and the k24, except that it has a lot of potential.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

nice! i have a friend witha 04 ex and it is loaded. sure put my car to shame lol.

yeah your girl will def will like the accord over the cav the cav and focus is a poor excuse as a car
    1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

i cant stand that damn car, the power steering feels weak or something, like the car sways, and sometime the power steering doesnt feel responsive (laggy). also the switches in teh center console for the power windows suck. they all have to be redone, only the d/s front window rolls up if you put it down. the others inch thereselves back up if you roll them down. its a friggin 04!!! the fuel pump all ready took a shit, she had to replace that. im just like sell this pos and buy a honda.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316
        i cant stand that damn car, the power steering feels weak or something, like the car sways, and sometime the power steering doesnt feel responsive (laggy). also the switches in teh center console for the power windows suck. they all have to be redone, only the d/s front window rolls up if you put it down. the others inch thereselves back up if you roll them down. its a friggin 04!!! the fuel pump all ready took a shit, she had to replace that. im just like sell this pos and buy a honda.
        HERE HERE
        Someone has comon sense!
        Your man for wiring solutions!
        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Import a RHD Accord... she can shift with her left hand!

Even the automatics are decent. Can she afford a V6? The 7th gen V6 Accords are pretty badass, even in automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Import a RHD Accord... she can shift with her left hand!

Even the automatics are decent. Can she afford a V6? The 7th gen V6 Accords are pretty badass, even in automatic.
            hahaha thats awesome, but its in both wrists lol. she had surgery on one all ready. lol that made me laugh so hard.

i told her to start saving, because the v6 are nice and ive seen people supercharge them with the cl supercharger kit or something like that. omg they sound nice. she prob has to stay at or below 14k out the door. her cavi was 12k out the door at the time, prob 3 years ago and she was only making like 7/hr, now she makes 11/hr so she could prob afford it.

plus we might be getting a house within a year and a half or so she can be put on the same insurance as mine, the 4th gen i wont carry collision probably because the car is so old, i havent gotten into an accident caused by me since i was 18 and im 24 now. so we should be able to save some money there.

the only reason i wanted to have her get the 4 cylinder was because of gas. can i run regular in the v6?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man
              HERE HERE
              Someone has comon sense!
              i feel like i should be waving a big beer mug in the air right now hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316
                hahaha thats awesome, but its in both wrists lol. she had surgery on one all ready. lol that made me laugh so hard.

i told her to start saving, because the v6 are nice and ive seen people supercharge them with the cl supercharger kit or something like that. omg they sound nice. she prob has to stay at or below 14k out the door. her cavi was 12k out the door at the time, prob 3 years ago and she was only making like 7/hr, now she makes 11/hr so she could prob afford it.

plus we might be getting a house within a year and a half or so she can be put on the same insurance as mine, the 4th gen i wont carry collision probably because the car is so old, i havent gotten into an accident caused by me since i was 18 and im 24 now. so we should be able to save some money there.

the only reason i wanted to have her get the 4 cylinder was because of gas. can i run regular in the v6?
                I think the V6s take regular... I'm not 100% positive. As soon as owequitit sees this, he'll chime in with every answer possible He's a J series nut.

Comment

What were you letting her do that gave her carpal tunnel, you dirty dog

lol kidding, congrats though

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    He's a J series nut.
                    To say the least.

I'm pretty sure I've read owequitit saying that J series take regular. I'm sure it's a google away.
                    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

The only things that take premium are engines with high compression or forced induction.

I can't seem to find the compression ratio of the J30A1, but I know the J30A4 was 10:1... so the A1 was less. You can also swap in the J32A2 cam for a bit more power

Comment

i dunno what the plans would be for that one. if we do stuff to it, i want to keep it simple. the simple "sparkle" way now.

i have to do some more research, but i know there is a supercharger kit, comptech i believe, that bolts on with slight modification. im not looking for much hp, the thing all ready puts down 240, i figured 275-300 at the wheels would be good for her.

she isnt a crazy driver, just a late braker sometimes, so i might have to do a 8 piston caliper swap lol. ah well time will tell. she has to save her money up, because she will most likely be upside down on the sale of her cavi. i hope she gets one, a nice 2 door ex-l w/leather and sunroof. how nice.

Comment

Yeah, Js take regular but benefit from premium. And yes, they also kick lots of ass.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

man it sucks your woman got carpal tunnel...

(most useless comment ever)
                            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                              man it sucks your woman got carpal tunnel...

(most useless comment ever)
                              haha thanks, yeh her shit goes numb sometimes if she sleeps with her wrists bent, or talks on the phone too long (good for me), or lifts heavy things.

anyways, i looked into things, comptech makes a supercharger for the CL and TL for the same years. someone swaped a J32 from i believe the CL-S and supercharged it. but others are running the supercharger on there accords. so i would assume with slight modification the supercharger would work on the accord, or she could get the CL-S. these engine with 5lbs of boost and supporting mods will easily hit 300whp.

Comment

Working...
                              X