Do I tip or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I tip or not?

I'm having some house cleaning service come clean our houses, my parents don't like cleaning and I have school and work to deal with. Do I tip them at the end? I don't want to be an ass.

do you live with your parents?

do you pay them each individual time, like is it an individual cleaning lady?

or is it from a company, like merry maids?

Comment

hmm when i got cleaning people to come for my mom bday we didnt tip them...there was like 4 of them so i didnt think to tip them.... ..i hope i wasnt suppposed to tip them b/c i would feel like an ass

Comment

I don't believe you do. Of course, tipping wouldn't hurt

I don't think house cleaning is generally a tipped position. If anything, you could always ask (call the boss and ask... the normal workers will say yes regardless.)

It's cool of you to ask, though. I don't know if you saw the recent threads (or others in past times) where people like me, that have lived off of tips for many years, have gotten quite upset at those that felt it was unnecessary!

Comment

my friend had a party and hired a maid to clean it up afterwards ..he tipped her..

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Originally posted by iNspired
            my friend had a party and hired a maid to clean it up afterwards ..he tipped her..
            I'd tip for cleaning up after a party. General cleaning (sinks, tub, toilet, floors, counter, rugs, etc...) is usually part of a paid service.

Comment

WTF Tipping because someone did their job?
              Hey, i'm a network tech and system administrator, you want to tip me because i fix your networK????????

don't tip them, its their JOB
              Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy
                Hey, i'm a network tech and system administrator, you want to tip me because i fix your networK????????

Lol I agree. At Target, you can be fired for taking a tip. I'm fine with tipping a barber or a waitress that physically brings food to me and actually waits on me, or a situation like iNspired mentioned. Anything beyond that is just...come on!
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                  do you live with your parents?

do you pay them each individual time, like is it an individual cleaning lady?

or is it from a company, like merry maids?
                  Sometimes I live with them. My mom is rarely home and my dad travels a lot, just my sis. They are paying for the service to their 2 houses. I am moving out and would like to have them clean the house before settling in. Its too big for 2 people to clean. Its some referred cleaning service my girl's (I'll ask her tomm and ask) parents uses. I got quoted $150 to clean one house, $175 the other and the house I'm moving to was $120. They are getting a bit of business but then again its also more work. Thanks for all inputs.

Comment

If shes hot tip her with your dick
                    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7

lmao

Comment

we dont tip our cleaner. but sometimes she stays for lunch.

Comment

Honestly, how much are you paying her? If she's barely making minumum wage and she does a bomb-ass job cleaning, then why not tip her?

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy

How can you say "if its their job, dont tip them" yet ppl tip barbers and waitresses

Is it not their job to "cut your hair" or "wait on you"..???

Im not saying tipping isnt deserved, but some ppl should get tipped regardless..

Originally posted by Deev
                            General cleaning (sinks, tub, toilet, floors, counter, rugs, etc...) is usually part of a paid service.
                            What if "general cleaning" like bathrooms and such are extremely dirty??? Not like "party" dirty, but just like "neglected" dirty...

Originally posted by C91BLX7

Sig Material

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                              How can you say "if its their job, dont tip them" yet ppl tip barbers and waitresses

Is it not their job to "cut your hair" or "wait on you"..???

Im not saying tipping isnt deserved, but some ppl should get tipped regardless..

What if "general cleaning" like bathrooms and such are extremely dirty??? Not like "party" dirty, but just like "neglected" dirty...

Sig Material

they CHOSE to do that type of job. No one is forcing them to do that. If it it is a lower than minimum wage job (like a waitress that gets $4/hr and the rest is tips -- yes), but come on people... we are tipping people for their their job.

You order a stove, the DELIVERY PEOPLE bring it from the truck to the house, you feel OBLIGATED to TIP THEM??? F that, thats their job.

I GOT IT.... Lets start a trend. When you pay a toll, lets give the toll people tips, Lets give the public transportation people tips.

Hell, lets give everyone tips for just simply working (and no, I DON'T MEAN --- 'don't pee on a fan while its on' type of tip).
                              Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X