Blackberry/Tmobile questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry/Tmobile questions..

OK so i have a Tmobile sidekick ID...I have had Tmobile since 2004. I had the sidekick 2, then the 3, and now the ID. I have had problems with the phones and the service ever since i got the 3...Anyone who has a sidekick knows you need a G to have full use of the phone, well I usually have 2 dots, or open phone and cant use the data...When I had the sidekick 2, i also had a razor, which was fine, so i dont know if it was a sidekick problem, or tmobile in general.

Now my contract is almost up. I want a Blackberry, specifically the Curve. I want Verizon but they dont have that Blackberry and they are so much money for the plan, but they have the best service. They even have service on the train underground when no one else does. At&t is expensive also and they have the Curve. Tmobile also has the Curve, and they are the cheapest for the Blackberry plans.

Sooo now I need advice, anyone who has a Blackberry with Tmobile...How is the service (esp if you in the nyc area)... And anyone who has the Blackberry curve, do you like it??? Or any suggestions for a different Blackberry...

Any input is welcome really.

^Click to view my Members Ride Thread^

I really like my blackberry pearl....The curve was an option for me but its too big for my liking....I like how the pearl is still pretty much a pda...but its more of a cell phone for me....to me the curve seems like its more meant towards people who use phones for business....and the pearl is more for people who use it for personal shit.

Its still got a qwerty keyboard...it can still check my emails and facebook lol...and it can still go online....so its perfect for me....The battery life is pretty good...I use it ALOT and i still get a solid 3-4 days between charges.

I cant help you with the tmobile thing since we dont have that up here.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James
      I really like my blackberry pearl....The curve was an option for me but its too big for my liking....I like how the pearl is still pretty much a pda...but its more of a cell phone for me....to me the curve seems like its more meant towards people who use phones for business....and the pearl is more for people who use it for personal shit.

Its still got a qwerty keyboard...it can still check my emails and facebook lol...and it can still go online....so its perfect for me....The battery life is pretty good...I use it ALOT and i still get a solid 3-4 days between charges.

I cant help you with the tmobile thing since we dont have that up here.
      waittttt.i thought the pearl didnt have a qwerty keyboard? on the pics i saw, i thought it was like a regular phone?? bc i would love to have the pearl, its nice, thats the only thing that was stopping me...i gotta have the qwerty keyboard lol...

Comment

ts not full on separate keys but the letters are in qwerty order...it types really quick....It types pretty much identical to a qwerty keyboard....sometimes you gotta pick exactly what letter you want...but once you get used to it it types just as quick...Ive found anyways.
        Last edited by King James; 03-09-2008, 01:13 AM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I have a BB 8700 in NYC w/the data plan. It works pretty well in the city and on the outsquirts...

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I got the Crackberry Pearl right now.. I've had Tmobile for almost 2 and a half years. Before that I had Sprint and Verizon. T-Mobile's service (and price) win hands down. I didnt even get 2 bars in my house with that damn verizon phone and sprint rapes you on prices. IMO, TMobile's the best in NYC. (Subject to change)

Comment

ok cool, maybe i can get my curve and stay with tmobile, and hope its better service than my damn sidekick!

Comment

Originally posted by trcsbrian
                I got the Crackberry Pearl right now.. I've had Tmobile for almost 2 and a half years. Before that I had Sprint and Verizon. T-Mobile's service (and price) win hands down. I didnt even get 2 bars in my house with that damn verizon phone and sprint rapes you on prices. IMO, TMobile's the best in NYC. (Subject to change)
                my 1st cell was verizon, no problems with it, then i had nextel, which sucked! ive had tmobile since 04, i only been having problems the last 2 years with the sidekick 3 and id...i had to replace them for diff reasons.. im sick of sidekicks, time to move on to blackberry...the internet sux on the sidekick...i had the tmobile mda right before i had the sk3, and that internet was really good. so its time for a blackberry...hopefully i get the curve!

Comment

HTC 8125 owns me. Blackberries are great phones.

Tri-band and quad band ftw!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i have a T-mobile dash and it has a full keyboard its not to big either. it has windows mobile on it and the data plan and everything is great. I live in washington state though but the service and the internet on it are great. plus its windows mobile soooo much stuff you can do w/it. I had a blackberry pearl as well and I liked it. it was just to much options, menu's stuff like that to go through. and another thing about the blackberry pearl and the dash are they both accept Micro SD cards so thats a plus too.
                    Originally posted by jboyce
                    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
                      i have a T-mobile dash and it has a full keyboard its not to big either. it has windows mobile on it and the data plan and everything is great. I live in washington state though but the service and the internet on it are great. plus its windows mobile soooo much stuff you can do w/it. I had a blackberry pearl as well and I liked it. it was just to much options, menu's stuff like that to go through. and another thing about the blackberry pearl and the dash are they both accept Micro SD cards so thats a plus too.
                      my friend had the dash but he had problems with it, im not sure what, and he has the wing now...the wing was like the mda, had windowns also, it was a cool phone, i shoulda kept the mda, but when the sk3 came out i had to have it lol...i prob will end up with the curve, even though its kinda big...all the blackberry plans are so expensive, but tmobile has the best/cheapest plans....so i guess ill prob stick it out with tmobile! they said i would get a partial discount now but if i wait till may i get a full discount, however much off that is...

Comment

Originally posted by heartbreaka72
                        my 1st cell was verizon, no problems with it, then i had nextel, which sucked! ive had tmobile since 04, i only been having problems the last 2 years with the sidekick 3 and id...i had to replace them for diff reasons.. im sick of sidekicks, time to move on to blackberry...the internet sux on the sidekick...i had the tmobile mda right before i had the sk3, and that internet was really good. so its time for a blackberry...hopefully i get the curve!
                        Sidekicks are known for their bad reception. I stopped after my 2nd sidekick 2. One minor drop and there goes the minimal reception it used to get in the first place. I've dropped my blackberry a few times and just now it started losing reception but not much to bother me. I still can make phone calls but every now and then it'll bug out and it won't let me make outgoing calls or people call me and i don't receive them. But this is after having it since early Jan 07. And i've dropped this from greater heights and its taken much worse impacts than either of my SK2s. I want the curve too, we'll see how long i can last before i "have to" buy a new phone.

Comment

Originally posted by trcsbrian
                          Sidekicks are known for their bad reception. I stopped after my 2nd sidekick 2. One minor drop and there goes the minimal reception it used to get in the first place. I've dropped my blackberry a few times and just now it started losing reception but not much to bother me. I still can make phone calls but every now and then it'll bug out and it won't let me make outgoing calls or people call me and i don't receive them. But this is after having it since early Jan 07. And i've dropped this from greater heights and its taken much worse impacts than either of my SK2s. I want the curve too, we'll see how long i can last before i "have to" buy a new phone.
                          lol my friend spilled water on my sk2 and some of the keys stopped working, i had to find creative ways to type until the replacement came..the sks def arent built well, and the 3 was built way less stronger then the 2, the 3 was soooo weak..

Comment

do NOT get any motorola...they all tend to have that white screen of death goin on...

the rizr that i have fucking blows.

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                              do NOT get any motorola...they all tend to have that white screen of death goin on...

the rizr that i have fucking blows.
                              i havent had motorla since the startac my 1st phone i think lol

Comment

Working...
                              X