Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New idea to lower gas prices?

This was emailed to me earlier today...

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer here in TX, and it might go higher in other places!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
    BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.19 for regular unleaded here in Texas.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace. ..not the sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.
    If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.
    If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

damn bro..not a bad idea!...but this sounds like those retarded myspace chain letters tahahahaha jk jk but i know you're serious...so im down for it bro!

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

too bad this has been the idea for years and no one follows through.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

what gas stations do exxon and mobil run?
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
          what gas stations do exxon and mobil run?

i believe Chevron?

*Needs*
          -New shocks
          -Struts
          -Drop
          -Cleaning
          -New Tires/Wheels
          -New Window Tint
          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

they are embeded in alot of companies i will get a list for you

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

1) ive seen Exxon/Mobil and Chevron Stores, so all 3. Maybe more.

2) unless you ask them(if they give you answer) you'll have to going to every gas station in town, finding out where they get their gas. Too much trouble is you ask me.

3) REPOST.

4) Lets assume i either live in a small town, miles from the nearest "non-exxon/mobil" station or those are the only gas types in my area...

You expect me to either NOT get gas -OR- travel out of my way(costing me more in gas) just to show the oil companies that I, John Q. Taxpayer, dont want high prices on gas?!?

I dont think so. We, as citizens/civilians arent gonna make gas prices go down. We can fill up less or make it last longer, but that wont necessarily make the prices decrease.

The only way to "strecth" fuel is to increase MPG, plan trips/routes carefully(no unnecessary driving) or buy hybrids.

All of the above are good idea's, but i think keeping your current car and working to increase MPG is the most practical.

Most of us/you are averaging 24MPG. Some more, some less.

IMO, gas prices will never go down. I dont know why they went up in the first place. Well, i do, but i think they went up for the wrong reasons.

Anywho, Id love to see gas prices below $2/gal. Hell, i wouldnt mind them back at an even $2/gal. But it just wont happen. If/when it does we will have already invented vehicles that dont need gasoline.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                i believe Chevron?
                yeszer, and they have good gas. The sad thing is is that the are the cheapest ones in town shell and bp are rappn people with 3.30 a gallon for unleaded and i have to use premium for the stupid turbo lol but its worth it.

Hybrids are a waste of money the only time you are really going to see a change is when you owned the car 10 years, i am speaking about the normal hybrids not the insight. But first they rape you up the ass for a "hybrid" car and then it only really gives you maybe from 24 mpg to 30-35 mpg. I would rather pay 2000 for a cheap honda and keep it maintained and have around 26 miles to the gallon then over 25k for a hybrid
                Last edited by Grumpys93; 03-12-2008, 02:58 PM.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                  yeszer, and they have good gas. The sad thing is is that the are the cheapest ones in town shell and bp are rappn people with 3.30 a gallon for unleaded and i have to use premium for the stupid turbo lol but its worth it.

Hybrids are a waste of money the only time you are really going to see a change is when you owned the car 10 years, i am speaking about the normal hybrids not the insight. But first they rape you up the ass for a "hybrid" car and then it only really gives you maybe from 24 mpg to 30-35 mpg. I would rather pay 2000 for a cheap honda and keep it maintained and have around 26 miles to the gallon then over 25k for a hybrid
                  first of all, amen...

exxon, mobil, esso are the only ones they list, but how many of you go to those stores? they arent the number one in sales from those stores they are supplying other obviously but good luck finding out who has ties with them!

its a decent idea it just needs researched more than just saying "dont shop exxon". if they could give a list of all companies being supplied by a certain oil refiner than it may be more likely to happen

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

the answer

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/...esel_will.html

Comment

Shell V-Power for the win!
                      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PowderedMilkMan
                        thats not the answer

but a beauty

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

this will NEVER work ppl have being sayin this shit for years so it will never work and never happen

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                            thats not the answer

but a beauty
                            Well for now its the answer until we can come out with something that runs off air and emits rainbows and butterflies. My parent's TDI VW was marketed as getting 40 mpg, but with a light foot and skillful driving my dad is able to get 60 mpg. I know not everyone has a plot of land, time or money to buy the equipment needed, but you could grow your own diesel or convert used fryer grease cheaper than 4 dollars a gallon.

Comment

1. People wont stop buying gas.
                              2. If you need to travel you will buy gas during the summer so the gas companies dont care.
                              3. Gas companies suck.
                              4. Imma convert my car to hydrogen.
                              5. This has been proposed for not buying gas. Thats a lot of people for one and some peopel cant afford not to buy gas such as me. I aint riding a bike back to IL with a crap load of stuff in the back. Kinda see what I mean? If you need to travel all the time gas is essential and people just suck it up. If all else fails they just buy something mroe fuel efficient like a geo or somethin. But this is the US we drive big cars and trucks unlike europe with their small cars and diesels. Another thing is this will never work if i havent mentioned that.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X