I have some bad news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some bad news...

Well guys, I have some sorrowful news to share with you all.

At 7:25pm Central time, my brothers minty fresh 2008 Nighthawk Black Pearl Accord Coupe V6 6 Speed (owned less than 1 month/1500 miles) was cutoff by a goofy basement nerd driving a 1992 Tan Camry Station Wagon...

In less retarded terms, my brother and I were heading east, and the guy driving the Camry was heading west. He was in the left turn lane. Apparently, he didn't see the big black car heading his direction at 40mph, and turned right in front of us. Not much my brother could do really, just slammed on the brakes. Both airbags deployed. The Camry spun around, and into the nearby parking lot, backwards.

Both my brother and I are A-OK.

Here is a link to a gallery: http://www.gomjh.net/photos/accord/
    Last edited by foamypirate; 05-02-2008, 11:35 PM.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

everyone ok is the main thing?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Yeah, everyone was A-OK. Not even so much as whiplash (for us at least, can't speak for the other guy).
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Damn. Glad you're ok. Sorry to hear about your brother's car.

Fucking Camry wagon driving fuckhead.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

yes...main thing is everyone is okay.....
          sorry to hear that..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

That sucks!

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that is fixable, although with the age of the car, I would tell the insurance company that I didn't just buy a compromised car, so they should be happy to buy me a new one. Then when they bitch and holler about it, I would remind them that they are welcome to raise their client's premiums accordingly, in order to serve as a reminder not to do that again.

At least everyone was OK though. That is the main thing. Cars are replaceable. People are not.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

that should out

Comment

I guess that goes to show that the new Accord holds up well in an accident! Glad to hear you're safe. I hope his insurance buys your brother a new car... I came close to having the same thing happen to me yesterday. I found the horn in time, thankfully!

Comment

glad your ok, bump for the safety of new cars

Comment

Glad you and your brother are both fine. Were the Police called, and if so did the camry driver get a ticket? Failure to yield the right of way? Destroying a brand spanking new car?

Originally posted by deevergote
                    I guess that goes to show that the new Accord holds up well in an accident!
                    x2. That is good to see that they hold up so well, not for the OP's brother but, Bri (SoCqT08) just got her 08 Coupe V6 6spd in Belize Blue.

But still this is sad to see such a nice car damaged so badly because of another drivers wrong move, Hopefully his insurance can replace the car for your brother. These cars are so quick too!

Comment

I guess that goes to show that the new Accord holds up well in an accident! Glad to hear you're safe. I hope his insurance buys your brother a new car... I came close to having the same thing happen to me yesterday. I found the horn in time, thankfully!

Full 5 star crash rating!
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Glad to here you guys weren't hurt.
                        South Texas M_thaf_cka, that's where I stay!

Check out my Frost White CB
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=SpdJnky93

Comment

dang that sux jake glad both of you are ok man and such a nice accord

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                          1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread
                          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

so I wonder how hard it would be to harvest those projectors and do a retro?

Comment

Originally posted by topcop182
                              so I wonder how hard it would be to harvest those projectors and do a retro?
                              those aren't HID projectors.

But damn, I'm suprised at the condition of the accord after a 40mph impact, was probably like 20 when you finally collided w/ the camry though, but still, crumple zones did their job it looks like. It seems the bumper absorbed most of the impact. But yeah, that camry is fucked lol.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X