Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-10?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=17720583

So, as of ___ date(sometime this summer) Missouri will become 1 of only 3 states to mix ethanol with "regular" gasoline. Creating "E-10".

The link explains it, but for the most part, this new fuel will/does burn faster causing more fill-ups and will also make vehicle emit more/higher levels of O3(smog).

The only downsides i can see to this is filling up more often. Yeah, it destroys the planet, but what isnt? And its putting money in the farmers pockets, but...

We could be like Brazil and plow down our forests and grow sugar for ethanol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

they will be doing the same thing in Fl but wont be fully done until 2010.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I figured theyd be starting it in the summer...apparently, its already begun.

Sneaky bastards.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
        they will be doing the same thing in Fl but wont be fully done until 2010.
        I am in Orlando, and almost every pump says "Contains 10% Ethanol or Less" so the FL thing happening by 2010, try probably by summer. There isnt one pump I have been to that that sticker wasnt on.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316
          I am in Orlando, and almost every pump says "Contains 10% Ethanol or Less" so the FL thing happening by 2010, try probably by summer. There isnt one pump I have been to that that sticker wasnt on.
          really? I know they started it but by 2010 all gas pumps will have the blend. I havebt bought gas in 2 weeks yet so I havent seen this on any pumps down here.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Shouldnt really see an effect. cant really use more than 10% without having special ecu parameters. Chevy's flex fuel for example. I don't think 10% will have an impact on fuel efficiency.
            My Car
            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316
              seen it on multiple pumps in orlando and the tampa area for the last couple months
              1993 CB7
              2001 BB6

Comment

ethanol is a joke, and should never be produced ever again.

Lets burn through our oil ASAP. maybe then we can move onto technologies that are at least better for the environment.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Yeh it may not be regulation yet in Florida, but they are definately changing over to the blend. On orlandoforums someone was bitching about it, i think in his Sti or something, complaining if there were any pumps that still had just regular gas w/out ethanol blend. So thats when i started to look, and noticed, and havent really seen a pump without that sticker.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Iowa has been using E-10 for as long as I can remember. My parents have always kept track of our gas mileage when we travel. We have never seen anything that would show much of a difference in gas mileage.

Comment

I dont imagine mileage will go down, but this new stuff will burn faster. Its nothing extraordinary, but now instead of filling every 7 days, ill have to fill up like, every 6 days.

Comment

They already have E10 stations in Tx. IMO I havent seen many changes in mileage I still get around 380 a tank with e10...It doesnt make that much of a diff and I get chevron when I am back in town.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Mass switched to 10% Ethanol from 10% MTBE 2 or 3 year ago, so I suppose its at least better than contaminating ground water. Averages 33MPG all last summer, so can't complain much about that. But it often sounds like a feel-good band-aid rather than any real good.
                          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

ethanol sounds like a good thing, but its really not. the ethanol plants, at least around my grandpa, are paying sub-prime prices for their corn and coercing farmers to take the lower payment. also, as stated, ethanol isnt as efficient requiring more to be burnt to go the same distance. the whole process requiring more energy to produce ethanol than ethanol creates makes a whole load of sense as well.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                            X