Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congress pondering NATIONAL speed limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congress pondering NATIONAL speed limit.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...pOsyAD91MMU880

Discuss and vote.
    Good Idea, it WILL save fuel.
    3.85%
    Good Idea, IF it saves fuel.
    7.69%
    Good Idea, people drive too FAST now.
    0.00%
    Bad Idea, it WILL NOT save fuel.
    19.23%
    Bad Idea, EVEN IF it saves fuel.
    30.77%
    Bad Idea, people drive too SLOW now.
    38.46%
    Whatever Congress decides is best for us.
    0.00%

Slow people piss me off.
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by c91blx7 View Post
      slow People Piss Me Off.

X2.

Comment

Won't make a difference, who follows the speed limits anyway?

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          Slow people piss me off.
          Leave earlier. Everybody already sort of follows the speed limits. Everyone I know "only does 10 or so over" no matter what the speed limit is. If people would look at the big picture and stop being so damn selfish theyd realize this really isnt that bad of an idea. 55, however, is just a holdover from the 1974 decision. What needs to be done is research about what speed most cars are the most fuel efficient at rather than choosing a number arbitrarily. 55 is a bit slow.
          Last edited by texasvtak; 07-04-2008, 05:14 PM.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

Maybe they should encourage the car companies to create cars with better fuel economy.

Comment

maybe people should stop driving SUVs carrying one child. cruising at 55 has been reserached to save gas. its not bad of idea to bring it back but you people like to "drive fast".

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123 View Post
                maybe people should stop driving SUVs carrying one child. cruising at 55 has been reserached to save gas. its not bad of idea to bring it back but you people like to "drive fast".
                I agree with what you say, but i get tired of getting of the Highways and people in the fast lane doing 55, come on get in the slow lane, I usally do 70 mph in the slow lane and i still get 36 mpg. So its not just speed its how steady you go.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

My car already gets 32mpg hwy doing 80. I don't need to be driving any slower to get more mpg. What people need to do is sell they're stupid SUV's that get crappy mpg and buy cars. Or even buy a minivan or something. My mom's Toyota Sienna gets 25mpg hwy. Thats still way better than an SUV's mileage.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

SUV's aren't the problem. There is no shortage in gas. Im just curious as to how people selling there suvs and trucks? will help lower gas prices. It might save them money because their car/minivan will be more efficient but how will that drop prices?

The price of gas is just too large of an issue spread out over too many people for there to be a simple fix.

90 Accord LX Auto
                    Engine-F22A1
                    Mods- Intake, Full exhaust, Strut bar, lowering springs.

Future Plans- Paint

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                      Slow people piss me off.
                      Nuff said.

"I can't drive 55."

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

This has already been done and it fails miserably.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i cant see all the truckdrivers only doing 55... about the only way they could really do it is any car/truck/motorcycle ect ect be equipped with a gps and if you go over 55... would shut the car down and some type of fine charged... but then you would have tons of people driving around with no licenses regerstaion insurance with cars that didnt have the gps :P so they may try to make a law out of it but it will never work

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                          Originally posted by deevergote.
                          But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Its tru, at 55 you do get better MPG.
                            But its one of those things that you just have to deal with it.
                            Thats how i see it...

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                              Maybe they should encourage the car companies to create cars with better fuel economy.
                              umm.. yeah.. cause they arent already doing that?

i think this is a horrible idea honestly.. people have gotten so used to the higher speeds that this will just create a lot more angry people and traffic..

Comment

Working...
                              X