Function VS. Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Function VS. Form

As it seems to me, On this site and many other honda related forums its all the same.

Many people are focusing on JDM items and fancy things for appearance, While their cars are falling apart on the inside.

I've seen numerous times on here where members have quarter panel rust through the body and a leaking engine. BUT yet has JDM headlights and fog lights.

No one seems to fix the mechanical problems with their cars but when it breaks they come crying to the people on here for help.

I've been asked many times why don't I fix my doors and the dents and dings on my car, I told people quite simply, Thats the last on my list. The engine, drivetrain, and suspension comes first rather than body work I do not need. I can actually say that my accord has never left me stranded in the middle of nowhere. For that matter NO car i've owned left me stranded.

I hope some of the people on here will read this and come to their senses of what to spend their money on.

I totally understand how you feel. I feel the same way. Go look at my DB8 Thread. My concept: Work inside first, outside last. Another tuner might have the most beautiful car on the outside, but doesn't have another else to back his shit up. For example: suspension or engine work.
    Raceline USA

Comment

I firmly belive in maintenance , when I got my car it was in disrepair I replaced everything the car is basicy new as of 3 years ago execpt for motor and trans and I am working on that ..

since my family and I have rebuilt the car we have drove less then 7k on it lol so does not get drove a whole lot but we enjoy it notheless.
      WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
        I firmly belive in maintenance , when I got my car it was in disrepair I replaced everything the car is basicy new as of 3 years ago execpt for motor and trans and I am working on that ..

since my family and I have rebuilt the car we have drove less then 7k on it lol so does not get drove a whole lot but we enjoy it notheless.
        People like you I commend.

As you can tell by the number of replies this thread gets there are less and less that actually care about the way the car runs and drives.

But if It had JDM goodies and a lip then you will get pages and pages of replies.

Comment

I am slowly seeing the light. A car isn't that useful if it's not running right, or at all...

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i did apernse couse my dad would not let me do performents. so now i got it to i need to handle befoer the h22. but my car has only onef up. a bent rim and [] spot on that tire. (damn cat)

The Race Car

Comment

I personally decided to fix my body first which means getting it painted because to build up a car that you want to keep for a long time and invest money in it cannot be rotten. I rather not have an engine and leave it in my garage with no rust knowing that I can let it sit till I get the money for that engine without having to worry about rust. When your car has holes in it welding and everything isn't so simply and will never be as good as original. However, if you have no other car to drive, making sure that big mechanical problems are fixed is a very good idea. I was very lucky with my purchase because it had almost no mechanical problem and the ones it had were all fixed before I got it painted. I'm still on 14" steelies and the car isn't lowered but who cares. 1 thing at the time. A body in a good shape is more important than lowering the car and putting rims on it when it's slowly rotting.
              NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

It all depends on people's priority. If they like it that way , then there is nothing you can do about it. Let them be and you be on your own and follow what you desire.

Personally I really don't care about other peoples priority , I focus on my priority.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Your very right, most people buy a car and neglect the maintence thats required to make the car run nice and without problems. The bulk of my money has gone to maintence i could have fixed the minor rust and paint a long time ago but, but i'd rather have a car that runs than one that looks really nice lol.

Don't get me wrong i did minor appearance things to my car shortly after i purchased it but the very 1st thing i had done was the timing belt, made sure everything else was sound then worked my way to suspension a year later.

A cars not fun if its not running

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                  Frost White Member 13
                  My Ride
                  "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

mine is in a bit of disrepair, all be honest. but slowly replacing every gasket and maintence item. like i want to replce the spark tube gaskets in the head, then a full tune up w/ a new coil. get a p06 so i can say bye bye to that random engine light for EGR. get a new power steering pump, and tie rods. list goes on as i hit 200k

why look pretty but cant move?

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                      People like you I commend.

As you can tell by the number of replies this thread gets there are less and less that actually care about the way the car runs and drives.

But if It had JDM goodies and a lip then you will get pages and pages of replies.
                      thank you
                      I do have some jdm goodies and have done some other things to my car but the things I have done I have done for me . one day my paint and body will be done but it will be after everthing else

Plus I have o.c.d so I take longer to do things lol
                      WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

i understand what you mean. my car's in need of a steering rack but i bought a powdercoated valve cover, black header wrap and an accel ignition coil when my stock one is working fine.

what i need to do is get a nice motor together for my project car so i can egt the stock one out of that.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I have yet to do anything apperence wise unless it cost less than 10 dollars and i could do it myself. Otherwise ive spent all the money on maintenance or upgraded what i needed to replace anyway. But i do understand what u mean.

Originally posted by Dr.x
                          You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

yep, I agree. Gotta take care of the problems first then go from there.

Comment

I try and get it to stock condition first. Everything working in fine order...then I'll soup her up.

I have some rot on the rear quarters, but nothig compared to my old accord, so I'm keeping it that way until I save up for it.

But loiek someone else mentioned earlier...people's priorities differ...but if you buy 1000 worth of rims and your distributor is held on with duct tape...you need to re evaluate your decisions haha

function over form is the best way to describe it. I never really thought about what it meant until this thread.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Working...
                              X