Whats next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats next?

I've been looking at getting a new car, maybe in the next couple years. Planning on a new car is pretty difficult because who knows what will be available in 2-3 years and who knows where I'll be or where I'll be working. But anyways, lol.

Ok, I don't have any special needs like family or space for storage, so I'm not putting that into consideration. Here are a few cars I've thought about and researched quite extensively. Your imput is welcome

Acura NSX (NA1 or NA2) $30,000 to $50,000
    - This is my dream car, and a classic. There are only a select few for sale and most of them are pretty pricey. Maintenance on an NSX will be more expensive. It will be a used car and probably 10 years old. An older car will have some frequent maintenance issues.

But I cant' resist, it's my dream car and it's sexy as hell In a couple years I could find a 2000 NSX for around $30,000.

Honda S2000 (AP) $20,000 to $40,000
    - The S2000 will definitely be a classic and an awesome car to have in any garage. They will be cheaper than any used NSX and may have cheaper maintenance. Anyone that owns an S2000 can explain more about it.

Nissan 350Z $15,000 to $35,000
    - The Nissan 350Z is a good pick for any enthusiast. I do like the Nismo version but it's not really my first pick. Most of the maintenance will probably be the same as the S2000.

Lotus Elise $30,000 to $45,000
    - The Lotus is a true collectors car. Probably has pretty exclusive and expensive maintenance. I'm not too picky about storage with a new car, but it would be very tight with any Lotus.

Audi A4/Avant $15,000 to $45,000
    - The Audi A4 would be a bit more practical than the other options. Might be a bit cheaper on cost, who knows.

Subaru STI $19,000 to $24,000
    - The STI would also be more practical. Not much to say about this car, lol.....Fast,...Storage,...

Again, who knows what prices will be in 3 years, or what new cars will spark my interest. What would you buy for under $40,000?
    Acura NSX
    15.38%
    Honda S2000
    15.38%
    Nissan 350Z
    7.69%
    Lotus Elise
    11.54%
    Audi A4/Avant
    3.85%
    Subaru STI
    15.38%
    Other?
    30.77%
    Last edited by coletrain; 07-25-2008, 02:52 PM.

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
    \What would you buy for under $40,000?
    Infiniti G35 or Mitsu Evolution.

I voted for the Z, but I'd prefer a G35.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

"Audi" and "cheap" don't belong in the same sentence. I've had three.
      They die of a broken wallet.
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

I picked the Lotus Elise because it's lightweight and it was born for the bends.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderedMilkMan View Post
          I picked the Lotus Elise because it's lightweight and it was born for the bends.
          no, then you get run over by fucking bicycles

Comment

I'd go for etheir a newer accord or Acura TSX (the first gen TSX ).
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

2005 or 2006 Mercedes S500 Sedan, pre owned about 40k miles for 30 - 35 grand. Most every countries government including ours uses the s500, its classy and sporty and will look good age 25+. This is what I recommend if you plan on driving important co-workers or bosses in your car and want to create a comfortable environment on dates.

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva View Post
                2005 or 2006 Mercedes S500 Sedan, pre owned about 40k miles for 30 - 35 grand. Most every countries government including ours uses the s500, its classy and sporty and will look good age 25+. This is what I recommend if you plan on driving important co-workers or bosses in your car and want to create a comfortable environment on dates.

and if you want to spend another $50k in maintenance. good car, but if anything breaks, you're boned.

I voted for the Audi A4. Can be had used for relatively low cost, and if bought wisely will be pretty trouble free.
                1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                4.0L I-6 2WD
                293k miles, still running strong.
                Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr View Post
                  I'd go for etheir a newer accord or Acura TSX (the first gen TSX ).
                  Thats what I was thinking. The 08 Accord Coupe with the V6 6-spd has lots of potential. They aren't realy common, around here anyways.

Comment

I would source a nearly brand new E39 BMW M% for under $50k spend $20 to reconditioned and mod it and drive it forever
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I voted NSX.

350Z..peh. Wonder who voted for that?
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

I voted STi, but Im thinking older versions. New ones FTL.

I highly recommend a TL-S. FTW.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

get a m coupe. they are just plain sexy

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                            get a m coupe. they are just plain sexy
                            the best thing u've said all day
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter