Going to truck driving school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to truck driving school

Ive been thinking about it for acouple of years, just got layed off so im just gonna do it. i figure im perfect for it,i like driving long distances by myself alone with my thoughts, my wife complains that i take the scenic route everywhere as it is.Allready went through a local transport company that pays for training and signed up so i get to go to Little Rock Arkansas for three weeks, so im excited,whats bad is if i do this now i will probably miss the birth of my son whitch upsets me but ive got to do it.

Do what you gotta do man

Comment

hey man, gotta pay the bills somehow.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

My dad was in the same boat a couple of years ago and did the same thing.

But You don't have to do long haul. While your kid is young you could do either just do day stuff or trips that only require 1 night away.

Also why do you have to travel to another state to get training? I would check into the your local unemployment office. They are the ones who helped my dad out. They payed for him to go to school and get his CDL.

good luck
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

i didnt even go to school to get my CDL, just rented my own rig, (exspensive but hell of alot cheaper than school), and made an appointment.....passed and now i can drive rigs. i deliver beer all day long. lol. i also have my hoisting license.

Comment

Matt, we sometimes have to make sacrifices for the betterment of our families. I know you'll do fine
            "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
            "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
            ><((((º>

Comment

Matt, good for you.
              A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

But, like Rusty said, I'm sure you can get day trips while your son is young!

I hope everythign works out for you bud!

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

you could go to northwestern's trucking progam. and you could hang out with me all day lmao.

Most of my family has done trucking for a while. I chose not to, ill stick to my service manager/mechanical engineer goals.

Comment

He more than likely has to go to another state because thats the closest Regional HQ for that company.

My step-dad is an OTR driver and he's home for 1 week every 4-6 weeks. Its not fun, but he enjoys it, he's good at it, and it pays the bills.

You could do local/day-cab. That way you'd be home, if not every night, every other day or weekends.

Trucking, especially long-haul/OTR, is not something i would suggest to someone with a baby on the way. You'll make money, but you wont get to enjoy those precious "first" moments. Id say do local stuff. You need to make money, but you make money doing anything. You cant make up for lost time with your baby.

OTR(Over The Road), IMO, is more for single guys with no family/baggage. Or for older guys whose kids are older/grown. But you gotta do what you gotta do, so, GL and congrats on the baby.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                  X