• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have to buy a tool chest.

its for school:
    - 40" wide
    - over 15,000 cubic inches
    -preferably under 800 bucks

what do you guys think? i would like to go with an economy craftsman, they run around 600 bucks. it would be nice if i can find a second hand matco or snap-on from a garage sale but id highly doubt it.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

that's what i'd probably do craftsman or husky. both are good qaulity and somewhat afforable.

i have a husky stainless steel box with BB drawers i paid $400 for. it's perfect for the garage, but you probably need something a little wider.

later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
      that's what i'd probably do craftsman or husky. both are good qaulity and somewhat afforable.

i have a husky stainless steel box with BB drawers i paid $400 for. it's perfect for the garage, but you probably need something a little wider.

later.
      haha wow, you even polished that! lol thats awesome.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

later.
        i see fingerprints
        later.

Originally posted by Dr.x
        You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

later.

Fingerprints?
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
          My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            haha wow, you even polished that! lol thats awesome.
            That is stainless steel.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
              That is stainless steel.
              x2.

But, Husky or Craftsman will be your best bet imo.
              Check out Sears.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i also forgot to mention that it needs to be 14 drawers as well. second hand matco's are going for over 1600 so screw that.

what color should i get? i know im getting one of the titanium ratchets and if i have money left over, IR titanium impact gun.

lol, im loaning money to buy tools but at least the tools are mandatory so its going to a good cause.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  i also forgot to mention that it needs to be 14 drawers as well. second hand matco's are going for over 1600 so screw that.

what color should i get? i know im getting one of the titanium ratchets and if i have money left over, IR titanium impact gun.

lol, im loaning money to buy tools but at least the tools are mandatory so its going to a good cause.

Sign up for the Votech program from matcotools.com You get a hefty discount escpecially on tool chests. or Get on a MAC/Snap on truck and see what they have in on trades and haggle the fuck out of em'

EDIT: never mind, you do get a big discount, over %50 but they are still expensive. Craftsman FTW
                  Last edited by 90Cb7sleeper; 08-02-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

craftsman...ball bearing...don't get anything less than ball bearing...slide only SUCKS!
                    ____

Comment

i have a slide one right now in my garage. just a small 7 drawer...i should just trade that in and get my 40" and purchase a rollaround tool cart for my mom's place.

my dad said he'd let me stash the 40" in his place when im done for school. i kinda dont feel safe about 1000 dollars worth of a box and tools sitting in a place thats 30 minutes from me.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

Cheapest 40" they have, $600:
                        http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00959624000P

This one comes in Red, Midnight Blue or Black, $881:
                        http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...Cabinet+Combos

Also found these:
                        http://garage-toys.com/noname21.html
                        http://www.bizrate.com/organization_...545783093.html

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

stainless steel is pretty but a bitch to keep clean from what others have said. worth it? I think so...but that's just me
                          ____

Comment

snap on here i come!

getting it for 1150 bucks.

now i got to buy the rest of my tools.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              snap on here i come!

getting it for 1150 bucks.

now i got to buy the rest of my tools.
                              Check with your school... My college was in some program with Snap-On that students could get a discount on everything from screwdrivers to full-size professional style toolboxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X