A project and a half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A project and a half

Hey people. I've been really busy with work and working on my 93 EX after work. Here's a list of what has been/is getting done to this thing and a few pictures.

Clutchmaster stage 1 organic clutch, pressure plate and release bearing
    Timing belt & balance belt
    Water pump
    Balance shaft seal
    Oil drive gear seal
    Cam seal
    Front main seal
    Thermostat
    Oil pan and gasket
    Plugs, wires, cap, rotor
    Filters
    replaced all brake lines
    master cylinder
    propertioning valve
    new front crossmember
    functional hood scoop
    shaving side molding
    shaving roof rain gutters
    shaving washer nozzles
    shaving gas tank panel
    shaving pwr. antenna
    shaving rear wing bolt holes
    shaving emblems
    custom bumpers
    battery relocation
    remove cruise control
    remove A/C components
    clean and paint all engine bay parts and engine bay
    clean and paint hood
    and of course a new valve cover gasket
    removing any unnecessary parts (dropped about 150 lbs. in crap so far)
    + anything else I feel needs to be done.

I also plan on flushing and filling ALL fluids and doing a general inspection of all aspect of the car. It's getting a full tune up, timing set, valve adjustment, compression test, leakdown test and a good cleaning. It's been sitting for a little while (clutch died), so I want to make sure it's safe and will be reliable transportation for the next few years. I pulled everything out from under the hood including all lines/hoses/wires etc. and painted it along with cleaning and painting each piece before it went back in. I also removed everything from underneath including brake lines/fuel lines/ exhaust/heat shields/gas tank/ etc. so that I could swap out to new brake lines and flush the full brake and fuel systems. I'm basically replacing every seal and gasket on the motor, tuning it properly and doing a full car inspection and replacing/cleaning/painting every part as I go. It's a lot of work but it's starting to come together now. Motor will be installed and running by Sun. the 10th and the car should be driveable sometime durring the following week. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 10-04-2004, 11:23 AM.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Wow! bro that is one nice and clean engine and engine bay nuff props bro. Whats your future plans for that motor.

Comment

why did you just paint over all yoru hoses etc? i dont understand it looks good from afar but when you get close it looks awful
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          Wow! bro that is one nice and clean engine and engine bay nuff props bro. Whats your future plans for that motor.
          Thanks! I have no plans for this motor at all. It is my solid dependable motor that has been in 3 different Accords and I figured I'd use it till it dies. Now that I will have a dependable daily driver Accord again, I'm putting money into the suspension, brakes, wheels, body mods, and electronic gadgets and keeping the motor untouched for the most part. Then I will be doing another motor swap within a year or so. Haven't decided on the new motor yet and I probably won't until it gets time to do it. Probably won't do another H22...time for something different.

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
          why did you just paint over all yoru hoses etc?
          I didn't. I removed everything from the engine bay before painting it and pulled each piece of the motor and trans seperately, cleaned it, painted it, and then re-assembled everything. I agree with you, if you don't take the time to do it right it looks like ass, but that's why I've spent 2 weeks cleaning and painting all the parts individually. The pics I posted are in the process of it, so I had already started re-installing things in the engine bay to show contrast between the red and black. Nothing was in the engine bay when it was painted. I wouldn't waste my time doing all of this only to do a shitty job. I took my time and it looks damn good. We'll see how long the paint lasts, but for now it looks yummy!

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

If I had free time on my hands and a back up car thats what I would def do.

I like it.

I would've at least upgraded pistons on it though.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Damn Patrick.. that's going to look good when you're done! My engine bay is black, but you spent a lot longer time making it look nicer, I hope to pull my H22 out next summer and spray the bay pearl white just like the rest of the car.

Give me a shout if you need some tips when you're shaving your stuff, just make sure you weld them man.. I hate to see your hard work crack out on ya and you get disappointed.

Mad props for putting in ass loads of work!
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Btw, pat.. are you putting the H22 or F22 back in?
                Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

i wish i had the time to do that, and had a backup car for when i need to get somewhere...

plannin on gettin a new car in a few years, maybe that'll be the time to get started.. I want to de-stroke to a h22 crankshaft, put in new camshafts, pistons, rods ect... do some headwork, and maybe attempt at rebuiliding the tranny too.. I'll probabaly get some engine paint and do what you've done to your engine as well.. but that wont happen for a few years..
                  --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

The cleanliness of your engine bay is breathtaking.
                    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Looks good... another black engine bay Mine is a bit more glossy... I also stripped it out and cleaned it up first, and it was so clean as stock white i was second guessing if i should spray it black. But I think it gives nice contrast. The motor looks good painted, I though about that aswell, but figured I would need special paint. Looks good though.

Last edited by aero; 10-05-2004, 08:03 PM.

Comment

you are STILL my hero. looks awesome pat, i started doing that to a much lesser extent while my motor was out.

after seeing that tranny, i think im gonna go back home and strip it down and degrease it. cuz thats CLEAN.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks people

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

bump for nostalgia.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

haha ditto mikey ditto.. sigh.. i know antoine found his ass on another board.. does he not like us anymore?? sigh..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                              X