window tinting non-compliance ticket in Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window tinting non-compliance ticket in Missouri

I received a ticket (non moving violation) for having 5% tint on the front driver and front passenger windows. MO law only allows 35% minimum. All I have to do is show that i complied to getting it taken off and drive up to the county police station to get it signed off by a patrolman and then just pay the court costs....no fine.

So my question is....if i just take out my windows and drive up their and be like....ok im not violating any rule please sign off on my ticke, this is in compliance...but does this violate safety inspection requirements?
    Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
    Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

man with no tint, you're just ride66.

That sucks. LOL.

Comment

ahah...yea.....oh and is anyone sure that this is a non-moving violation and it doesnt effect insurance....
      Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
      Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

You want to take out the windows?

I think the police officer would look at you funny.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

ummm im not sure, but i believe you NEED windows lol, i dont think they'd sign you off if you have your windows out...
          ..[CB7][STAR]..
          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
            ummm im not sure, but i believe you NEED windows lol, i dont think they'd sign you off if you have your windows out...
            x2 lmao..

find a car with the same color doors and switch em lol jk.

but yeah just get it removed of replaced with 35%

but damn! wheres the pics of thie cb7 with 5% tint?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Then they'd probably fine you for not having windows. On the other hand...all you really need is a windshield....it could work...but try it at your own risk!

Comment

Yeah u have to take it off! But just put it on again! Stick it to the man! And no this doesn't get reported to ur insurance, it doesn't go on ur record, unless u don't show up to court, then ur in big trouble
                VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

yea but i dont want to pay to get retinted....thats the whole point........and i dont know anyone with the same car, cause i was just gonna swap the windows for the day

Comment

Originally posted by tinted_ride66 View Post
                    yea but i dont want to pay to get retinted....thats the whole point........and i dont know anyone with the same car, cause i was just gonna swap the windows for the day
                    and get another tint ticket a week later

just play by the rules!

get at least 20% tint!
                    5% is just incredible!

u got pics of your car anyways i wanna see lol

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                      and get another tint ticket a week later

just play by the rules!

get at least 20% tint!
                      5% is just incredible!

u got pics of your car anyways i wanna see lol
                      Exactly.. Even if you get this ticket signed off, chances are at least the agency that issued the ticket will still have a note in the computer that says something about the resolved ticket.

What you recieved is basically a "fix it" ticket. Pay to fix it and pay no fines or pay a fine and then pay to fix it.

Removing the tint only to replace it after getting this ticket signed off is only going to result in you getting another BIGGER ticket, especially if you run into the same Officer that wrote the first ticket.

Comment

I may have to look it up, but i dont think front, side windows are needed. A windshield is, for sure, but i dont think you NEED side windows. Look at jeeps. You just need doors.

I say fix it as well. Either re-tint them yourself or see how much a shope will charge you just to do the front 2. Mosr shops, in MO, usually charge you "per window".

GL.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                        X