when is toyota gonna step up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when is toyota gonna step up

nissan finally brought about the rebirth of the z, and while it's a damn fine car i've never fully bought into it (the g35 coupe is nice, but too refined and luxurious & who knows if the rumors of a r35 are legit)

the rx-8 is quite less than i expected, it doesn't look nearly as good as the rx-7, and reliability of a rotary is kinda concerning

honda, well honda will probably never come out with something to compete on this level

so the main question is, will toyota ever bring back the supra, and is there anyone else that's gonna step into the arena for an all out sports car for $30k (for all those people who wanna wait a few years before they buy a porsche)

I hope that toyota does step up and bring some sort of succesor to the supra to the table. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I like the RX-8 but the 7s were better. As far as reliability of rotories goes; the new RX-8s come with the redesigned renesis rotary. It has the exhaust port relocated. It used to be that when the intake port was open that the exhaust port was still open slightly. This lead to inefficiency and possible problems from what I understand. The renesis relocated the exhaust port so that it is closed when the intake port is open creating a more efficient car with less problems supposedly. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this will help the reliability issues a lot. Also the fact that they are not turboing the rotaries anymore.
    FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

i thought the new rx-8 was a guaranteed rebuild at 80k or something like that, of course i know relatively nothing about rotary engines

although i am pretty impressed with the rsx type s, my best friend has had one for a little over a month now, and i'm really liking it even though i wasn't too big on the styling at first. the type r is unbelievable, it's gonna be around $30k for a few suspension improvements and +20hp, personally i think that's a hefty price tag for so little, even if it does carry the acura name. but the market for the type s does seem to be growing... i think greddy finally came out with a dragger kit for the type s, not a bad option

Comment

i saw a badass supra today and it just made me want toyota to bring em back even more...cmon toyota, u know u wanna

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

They have, its called Lexus....

2000 GS 300 has the 2jz in it factory
          Last edited by MA_Fan; 10-27-2003, 07:40 PM.
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts)... a dying breed. #8

RIP DEC 29, 03 Frame is Bent.... byebye Byebye CB7Tunner.com nice knowing yall

Comment

Having Toyota bring the supra back would be sweet. It would hard not to mess up the looks though. I think they are one of the best looking cars ever.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Guys, i talked to one of the v.p.'s of lexus and your wish is granted. It may take a few years, but the supra will live on. It will have a name resembling the toyota sports cars of the 70's and will be powered by the 4.3l v8. No word on a turbo though. It may be a lot pricer and a lexus, but it will be badass. Sort of an answer to the next NSX. Also, the next skyline is comming here, as an infiniti though. Finally, the rx-8 will get a much needed turbo model within the next two years, thanks to mazdaspeed.

Comment

but then again honda and acura are mostly for economy and luxury not really for all race. But as for the supra let me get a hold on one of them shits.

Comment

Originally posted by MA_Fan
                  They have, its called Lexus....

2000 GS 300 has the 2jz in it factory
                  my dad had a 99 gs and it was pretty gutless...215 hp and my brothers jeep 4.0 beat it

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Working...
                  X