Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You try to do something nice...

Ok, get this...

I was on my way to meet friends last night, and I witnessed an accident.

Nothing major. Just some dude in a late-90s Monte Carlo (the boring looking ones) decided to make a right turn on red while a silver XG350 was making a left on a green arrow. It happened slowly, but the Monte pushed into the Hyundai's rear quarter pretty good... pushed the car around the lane.

Anyway, the Hyundai pulled over. The Monte... didn't. He kept going.

I witnessed this from the right lane. I was going straight.

I saw the Monte bail, and I got pissed. I checked to make sure there was nobody coming, and I banged a left. Honked my horn and flashed my lights at the Hyundai, in an effort to say "I'll get him!"

Then I proceeded to chase the guy down. Fortunately, he wasn't going all that fast, and he had no idea where he was going. He ended up in a restaurant parking lot. I pulled in, saw his plates (EPU-80J, so I don't forget), and headed back to the Hyundai guy.

What did I find at the scene? Nothing. The dumbass Hyundai driver left.
    So, rather than report it to the police as I should have, I just continued on to see my friends. If it's not important enough for the Hyundai guy to stick around, then it's not important to me!

So tell me, if someone hit you, and the guy that witnessed it made a turn that CLEARLY wasn't in his chosen path, honked and flashed at you, and went tearing off after the guy that hit you... wouldn't you hang around for a bit? I mean, it seemed pretty clear what my intentions were... At least I thought so.

meh... ive found myself considering doing kind acts such as you did, but then realized how unappreciated they go, why even do it? the hyundai had his mind set that he was hit and run, without expecting to find him... you offered, but that was unexpected and unappreciated so just let him be and think nothing of it, his life will continue and he will proceed with the insurance as if you were never even there. slutever, his loss.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      So tell me, if someone hit you, and the guy that witnessed it made a turn that CLEARLY wasn't in his chosen path, honked and flashed at you, and went tearing off after the guy that hit you... wouldn't you hang around for a bit? I mean, it seemed pretty clear what my intentions were... At least I thought so.
      You did a good thing.
      I would have stuck around, as it was clear what you were doing.

However, if the person in the Hyundai had been drinking, they probably went straight home.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

the hyundai probrally didnt have insurance and that could have been the cause of him fleeting the scene .. happended numerous times around my town .
        under contruction!

Comment

i once saw an old guy in a newer accord hit someone in a brand new denali, downtown trying to park. the old guy just drove aroudn the block like it never happened.

he ended up coming back, and parking a few spots over from the car he hit. got out of his car, and just walked away.

i drove around the block a few times, and the last time i did the owner of the denali came out. i told him, he was furious, thanked me and got my information so i could be a whitness and help him out.

that was 2 days after someone hit the side of my truck, and drove away.

Comment

Honestly, the Hyundai driver may very well have not seen you. They were most likely in a slight state of panic, wondering how bad it was, am I ok, what do I do now, and then a Honda Fit goes flying through the intersection. They might have even thought you were being an asshole, flashing you lights and honking. When my family got rear ended, a car load of hispanic men (No racial hatred here, but they were in fact all hispanic) drove by in a neon stopped, pointed and laughed then raced off.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

That's true... he may not have understood what I was doing...

Still, I thought it made sense! I was only gone about 10 minutes.

He was driving a fairly new car, so no insurance is unlikely... but possible. Drinking as possible as well, though he was driving totally normally. His reaction time at the light was normal. The Monte moved very slowly through the red, and was in the Hyundai's blind spot by the time he hit him. The Monte driver was probably drunk.

Comment

Well I want to congratulate you on doing the right thing! Sure it didn't work out the way you thought or the way it should have, but you still had the balls and the conscience to do the right thing

My Accord History:
                91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

I just hope the guy in the Monte didn't get MY plate, and come find me... I mean, my car is pretty uncommon around my area (white 2009 Fit... I dunno if you saw that yet, Pat!)

Comment

i guess some people just dont care about their vehicles.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

How about this...dude in the Hyundai didn't give a shit because the car was stolen. That's a possibility. Or, they both didn't care because they were both stolen. Or they were both stolen plus the drivers were drunk. Or the Hyundai had no clue what you were doing...assuming you were a jackass like most NJ/NY drivers.

Oh and turbomaxx is right about people laughing. When I t-boned a CD5 with my F-body, I was still driving the car until the insurance took it. The front end was all fucked up and shifted to the right. I was going home and at an intersection some hillbilly pieces of shit rode by in their truck and started laughing and yelling "NICE CAR DICKHEAD"....lucky for them I had to be home or else I would've ran my car up their ass. Hey, it was already fucked up
                      VIP Status.

Comment

make a report to the police and they will follow up.
                        DEVOTE

Comment

that's freaking crazy! I remember I went into walmart in Tullahoma to get some stuff for Jacobs party and this lady got hit by this old man backing out and he vamped.. Nicole took off to get his plates and stuff and she was like you know you hit this lady, he was like no i didn't lmao. The lady he hit called the police and nicole was like yeah I have his tags.. gave it to the cop and told the cop where he was at lmao. The cop and the lady went over there looking for the guy. I laughed so hard when she told me what happened in a 10m window!! end of story haha

Originally posted by Juice21
                          thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                          Originally posted by GameChewer
                          Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                            How about this...dude in the Hyundai didn't give a shit because the car was stolen. That's a possibility. Or, they both didn't care because they were both stolen. Or they were both stolen plus the drivers were drunk. Or the Hyundai had no clue what you were doing...assuming you were a jackass like most NJ/NY drivers.
                            The guy in the Hyundai was in his late 50s... not likely that he stole the car.

And honestly, what do you know about NJ drivers? Have you ever even been here? Thanks for the generalization.

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                            make a report to the police and they will follow up.
                            Yeah, but then I have to file the report... and I'm more involved. I was hoping to say "hey, here's the plate number of the car that hit you, and a description of the car and driver... good luck" and be on my way.

Comment

Random act of kindness Mike...it will come back to you; karma. I witnessed an accident once and I stuck around the scene to give the details to the police. The women who was not at fault thanked me and she then found out where I worked, came my work a few days later and gave me a brand new lighter that she had bought for me. She was so appreciative of what I did and she remembered at the scene of the accident that I had cigarette, but not lighter (that's when I smoked) and she remembered this, so she bought me a lighter.
                              I will always remember her act of kindness, so keep your faith in humanity

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22
                              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                              X