Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=801271

Could very well be a fake body. It is too early to tell at this point, but it is definitely a "mule" in some type of testing.
    Well, I have no problem with the platform they are using. I just don't think that a crossover would be a good fit for Honda. Why copy everyone else when you are so good at your bread and butter?

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Is that what I think it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post

Is that what I think it is?
        dual exhaust meaning v6 or the guy pissing by the side of the road,lol

Comment

looks like a rear diff to me

Comment

yea it is it all wheel drive. that is a read dif, i want to take out the front axles andmake a dift wagon, sexy hahah maybe.

The Race Car

Comment

that will be the first awd accord in the us. nice. i hope they make it manual

Comment

If you actually read the very in depth and informative article posted by owequitit, then you'd find out that most likely this isn't going to be badged as an Accord.

Also, when have you EVER seen a crossover vehicle with a proper manual?

Comment

i pimped it yo

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                    If you actually read the very in depth and informative article posted by owequitit, then you'd find out that most likely this isn't going to be badged as an Accord.

Also, when have you EVER seen a crossover vehicle with a proper manual?
                    That would be too easy, and too effective.

It is most likely going to have VTM-4, NOT SH-AWD, and putting a manual in it would be entirely possible, because they have developed it for the TL SH-AWD.

Now, whether or not they will do that, I don't know because that would potentially steal TL sales or something, but it is possible. Also, VTM-4 will be effective in bad weather, but it will be nothing like SH-AWD in terms of power, driveability and handling.

Essentially, the market for these is likely to expand because people in the US want cars that are roomy and haul a lot of stuff, as well as being fairly capable in terms of terrain and weather performance, but now they are demanding more fuel efficiency, which demands lighter weight and smaller engines.

People in the US, unfortunately, still have a stigma about "wagons" and thus "wagons" lightly disguised as a "crossover" with AWD and similar fuel economy to the Accord makes sense. It is roomier, larger, more capable in bad weather, and isn't a "wagon."

You can't fault Honda for building what sales, and the fact is that wagons in the US do not sale. However, crossovers like the Outback have done VERY well.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                      Reminds me of a Charger.
                      I was just going to say.
                      DEVOTE

Comment

Glad they're bringing it back.
                        I really like the design, I just think it's a tad too big.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

That looks like a fucking crossover. Its got potential, but its just too damn big.

Comment

charger? and its ugly as hell.. waaayy too much ground clearance

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              That would be too easy, and too effective.

It is most likely going to have VTM-4, NOT SH-AWD, and putting a manual in it would be entirely possible, because they have developed it for the TL SH-AWD.

Now, whether or not they will do that, I don't know because that would potentially steal TL sales or something, but it is possible. Also, VTM-4 will be effective in bad weather, but it will be nothing like SH-AWD in terms of power, driveability and handling.

Essentially, the market for these is likely to expand because people in the US want cars that are roomy and haul a lot of stuff, as well as being fairly capable in terms of terrain and weather performance, but now they are demanding more fuel efficiency, which demands lighter weight and smaller engines.

People in the US, unfortunately, still have a stigma about "wagons" and thus "wagons" lightly disguised as a "crossover" with AWD and similar fuel economy to the Accord makes sense. It is roomier, larger, more capable in bad weather, and isn't a "wagon."

You can't fault Honda for building what sales, and the fact is that wagons in the US do not sale. However, crossovers like the Outback have done VERY well.
                              I'd think it would steal more RDX sales than anything else. Plus, like you said, Honda is going to build what will sell. A crossover with SH-AWD and a 6-speed would be awesome, but they would probably sell only few hundred. I'm with you on the point that they will probably offer it with VTM-4 system for the safety benefits instead of offering SH-AWD for it's performance aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
                                charger? and its ugly as hell.. waaayy too much ground clearance
                                how about now?

it has potential

Comment

Working...
                                X