chirping my tires!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chirping my tires!!!!!!

i know this is a stupid question but i have a 90 5 speed lx, i have a cai, and dc header. how can i chirp the front tires? is chirping them a good thing? i love it when cars take off and they chirp there tires, and i have never done it. does anyone know how? if so please inform me.thank you

justin

basically, chirping tires is jsut them losing traction for a split second. the tires then adhere to the pavement, concrete, asphalt or whatever surface u are driving on..some surfaces take longer to "chirp" then others. Say gravel..there is no chirping..no hard abrasive surface..jsut loose gravel, so you will just spin the tires. Asphalt is a harder, easier surface to chirp on. Concrete is a pourous surface, with higher levels of grip. That of course is when dry. Because it's pourous, it takes longer for it to dry after rainfall. Since that is not your point, I will continue with the point..a hard surface is easier to chirp on, especially when just dryin. This is because when the surface is slightly wet, it helps the cooler tires loose more grip then on a dry surface, yet cause it is partially dry, it's easier to hear a chirp..hard, dry surface causes more "chaffing" on the tires. Lets look at what you have here. First off, if it's an auto, I have never seen anyone chirp tires..period. This is because when you pound on the gas, it eithe slips on the clutch, or it peels out. For anyone I know, including myself, chrping is a shifting thing. When at a stand-still, and hard launching, u either get a good hookup, or (most likely) u will peel out. Now, when shifting into second, or 3rd gear, u don't let up on the gas. You shift really quick, by jsut depressing the clutch, shifting and off the clutch quickly, all while holding the gas. Sometimes, u let the gas pedal "breath" a little, to "mesh" the rpms of hte motor with the gear. I would not recommend this technique on a stock clutch, or without experience..I am not resonspible for broken parts, due to faulty use. u also must have power to chirp those tires when shifting. I have yet to get my tires to chirp (though I never really try to), but my frien'ds yellow and black rx-7 will chirp the tires quite nicely..that, and the back end sways back and forth under power...6k in a turbo upgrade is just the start of what that thing has..

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

3 grand, dump the clutch and shift at watever rpm suits you.

178 whp and 148 torque (mustang dyno)
      14.8 @ 93 in 1/4 mile-in Accord
      ??.? @ ?? in 1/4 mile-in Civic

Comment

you dont have to keep on the gas when shifting. i always let off and if im trying to go fast it will just loose traction when i go into 2nd and ill get a tiny chirp going into 3rd.

it is kinda cool i guess, but from a racing point of view its a bad thing. if you lose traction, for those couple seconds, youre not really accelerating. thats why sometimes, when your tires catch, your rpm's will drop slightly.

Comment

Today my brother was driving my car, we were going to play basketball and on the way he made them chirp, shifting into second. Then he did it again and on the way back home I tried it and I chirped them.

Comment

I only chirp them when I am racing, when it's shifting into 2nd they chirp big time with the vtec.

I try now to because even though it's just a small chirp.. thats wear on tires and I hate spending over $100 per tire.
            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

chirping's kinda pointless, but my car likes to chirp like woah, and it's no h22, and it's auto.

if i hit the gas to the right spot, i can chirp them no problem on any surface. Second gear will chirp occasionaly, depending on what speed I drop into second gear in.

if you're manual, just rev up and let the clutch go quickly. If your auto, you've gota have a good feel with the pedal. It took me a little while to be able to figure it out, but there's a point as to how wide the throttle needs to be to get maximum power. It's in between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle for my car, and i'll chirp for a good second before the tires catch..
              --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

chirpinginto 2nd is the shit with stick. peeling out the hottness in 1st...

Comment

sorry to change the subject here..but drlove who is that chick in your signature?

Comment

unfortunetly i dont know. just some random gif i found. if you ever see her, tell her i said hi

Comment

i chirp in my 300zx. easier for me in my rwd

i do it in 2nd and 3rd.

i do it when im trying to get somewhere fast, the only way i can do it is a HELLA quick ass shift

but in water i can do it in ANY gear LOL...

my accord automatic i can do it hahah...but yes its all the tire that is loosing grip, or you can say that your car is fast =)

if u wanwt to chirp...power shift that bitch...when shifting firsrt to second dont let off the gas, keep the gas in and shift haha...it works though just do it fast. dont blame me when ur car doesnt work ne more
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

so in an automatic just shift from 1 to 2 real quick with your foot on the gas?

Comment

chirping your tires is bad for many components in your vehicle, when i race there is no chirpage because you should be hitting the gas only when your clutch is fully disengaged, if you have an auto give up. but i have a large problem with keeping traction
                          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I chirp even if i shift slowly.

Comment

im not saying to shift slowly im saying is chirping comes from gassing then dropping clutch thast what i was talkign about
                              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                              X