DVD Ripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripping

I used to have a program that did it, but I want to copy this CD and burn it by ripping it since I don't have a DVD burner, anyone here good at this?

CPMike always helped me before but he's been away this weekend, can someone else help me and walk me through this and let me know which programs I need to get so I can rip this DVD and burn it for free?

Thanks mucho!
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

no problem. A good site to visit is Afterdawn.com. It's totally geared towards rippin and burnin. I learned how by going there. OK, what you need is a program called DVDshrink. you can get it at the website above. Open your DVD thru this program and click "back-up" on top. Make sure you make a new folder for the contents. Now, if it's a really big movie, using close to the 9GB mark or so, then you can look thru the menus and choose not to save the foreign languages and menus, soundpacks, etc. When it's done. Use Nero to burn. When in Nero, click on the video_ts folder, and drop ALL of the files into that one folder. Click burn and voila!!!

EDIT-just noticed you dont have a DVD burner. Are you trying to make an SVCD or VCD to play??

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

My buddy burns them all the time with his computer and plays them in his PS2 and his computer.. thats all I really need.

Im going to download the software here in an hour or so and get started.. and when you say skipping out on the language things, how exactly do I do that?

I have never ripped a DVD before, so I am new to this but I can catch on to anything when it comes to computers.

Comment

Aight, I used DVD Shrink and ripped the whole DVD with only the English titles and what not.. the WHOLE CD is less than 4 GB.. but what do I do now so I can burn it to a CD and it will play in my DVD player?

Comment

Yeah, what you're trying to do is burn a VCD or a SVCD (better quality). You can do so in most burning apps. Now, i've never tried to make a whole DVD into one of these, cuz there's just too much information on a DVD. You will have to re-encode your new file(s) into SVCD format, then burn and it will play on most stand-alone dvd players and i'm guessing ps2.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
          Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
          Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

i learned form my friend who was once a professionsal (meaning he did it for a living) bootlegger way before every non-speakin english merchant with a corner spot sold anything DVD in NYC...

i use DVD Decoder to decode the DVDs and unlock the region so it works anywhere in the world (+it gets rid of copyright protection & this works when DVD shrink wont rip a DVD cuz of copyright)...then i throw it in DVD shrink to "shrink" it cuz most DVDs are 9 GB and DVD+-Rs are only 4.5 GB...

the best thing to do once our in DVD shrink is to remove french or spansih dubbing (unless u wanna listen to the movie in french or spanish) to free up room on the DVD+-R so your film can be less compressed and have more audio+visual detail. usually, i compress the "bonus features" more (to the max) and free up the actual movies compression and viola! U now have 5.1 surround sound crisp clear DVDs at a fraction of retial.

remember the more you compress, the more quality you take away!

enjoy!

Comment

Working...
            X