OK im not normally a complainer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK im not normally a complainer...

...but i really dont like putting myself in a position where i need to be SUBJECT TO THE VERBAL ABUSE OF ANNOYING PEOPLE. im generally easygoing but this week i just found out that (YET AGAIN) i am stuck working with this woman named Phyllis, who i have to say, is probably the WORST person ive ever had to talk to.

first of all, she looks like a Who from Dr. Seuss' Whoville, with the weird mouth and CRAZY teeth!!!! shes got a whiny nasaly voice and she DOES... NOT... STOP... TALKING. about NOTHING. she is unbelievably DULL with no life, no family, no friends, no history, and NOTHING to talk about. paired with the fact that she does NOT stop talking, makes for some VERY horrible work days.

about how "I LOVE paper pushing. spreadsheets are my favorite. i live to do useless formulas and typing in spreadsheets, with the formulas. oh i was working on a formula and it stopped working! nobody could figure it out, and i was like hah! only me! so i tried to figure out the formula and it kept not working!" which then because shes talking about computers, gets into "OH, you like computers right?" and then begins rambling on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about her SON who "hes into computers too! he plays games all the time, he can even open it up to do Installs and stuff! you would like him. i want him to go to school for computers because hes really good at that stuff like you, and BLAH BLOAH BLAH BLAH"

apparently, this lady has not worked a normal job in 5 years before she got the job here with us (bank teller). according to her, she has spent the last 5 years becoming VERY close to her "Sims" family on the computer, and how she built an entire perfect town, just that nobody lives in it because she can never successfully raise people in the game. and how they are LITERALLY the only human interaction she has had for FIVE YEARS. yes, fake computer characters who do nothing more than mumble and light their kitchens on fire like complete idiots.

I dont know, i dont want to ramble, but i cant even portray the EXTREME ANNOYANCE eminating from this crazy person. dull, never-ending blather of ear-bleeding SHIT.

i found out yesterday that contrary to what i thought, that i will NOT be leaving this branch in a week (when school starts) but that i am stuck in this branch "indefinitely"... stuck here, WITH HER. FOREVER.

she PAINS me to the point where i can feel my muscles tensing from just the excruciating aggrivation of having her standing next to me rambling ON and ON in my ear. i cant even look at her face and acknowledge her because she is staring straight at me, with a blank face, talking. talking. talking. so i keep ignoring (like typing this thread?) and she keeps talking.

what can i do? i think im going to go INSANE very... very... soon...

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/phyllis.jpg[/img]

"how pathetic are people who verbally rape us with talking? we try to ignore them ignore them until they keep talking..."
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-13-2009, 01:07 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
    ..first of all, she looks like a Who from Dr. Seuss' Whoville, with the weird mouth and CRAZY teeth!!!!..

[IMG]http://www.****.com/pics/phyllis.jpg[/IMG]

That sucks. I've had annoying co-workers, but not to that extreme. Why don't you just tell her to shut up? I probably would.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol..she does look like a who!!! i've delt with people like this in the past.. i just start to act pissed off like y the F$^@ are you talking to me?? it'll get better, good luck dealn with the who bro!
      92 4 Dr Ex-sold/91 civic hatch(bad head)/93 civic vx

Comment

i know exactly what you mean lol but my co worker was short and really old trying to dress like us young girls. lol she use to wear high heels she couldnt walk with, she use to walk around all day talking n talking about her Family. And all you here is them freaking high heels and her anoying voice, until one day she fell down the steps for trying to look young and wearing them really hiigh heels.
        http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=107733305

Comment

This has to be the funnisest thread Mike have ever made I want to I feel your pain but i doubtr ive met someone so boring and annoying.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
            [img]http://www.****.com/pics/phyllis.jpg[/img]

"how pathetic are people who verbally rape us with talking? we try to ignore them ignore them until they keep talking..."

Comment

hahahahahhahaha THANK GAWD I'M DEAF!

yeah i let them ramble on and i just totall ingore them. take your hearing aid out and 'check' the batteries everyone a while. pretty soon they start talking really slow and try to impempize evry workd so you could understand them. makes them more stupid then when they don't get any response from me then they to and torgure someone else LoL!
              1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

LOL! Mike, that was seriously a funny story. I am not laughing at you, but just the way you put it, I can literally see it happening. Have had a couple of co-workers that have had similar traits, but NEVER all lumped into one Who.

You probably ought to say SOMETHING along the lines of shut up, because otherwise it seems like you might just go postal.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

hey mike, you gotta try my wifes new supervisor, lets just say EVIL doesn't come close and phyllis seems like an angel compared to Simone (wifes sup)

try to approach the situation carefully about her constant talking delicately like telling her this "let me get done with this project and then we can shoot the breeze abit" and then take 3 hours to finish.

it seems since she has been off the job market for @ 5 years she needs to relearn people skills and you might be the one to teach her like it or not.

you might want to take her out to dinner and lay the mack down on her and if necessary show her the pimp hand
                  Last edited by bobbycos; 01-13-2009, 02:45 PM.
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

lmao, she probly thinks your cute. I'd tell her not to bother me or I'll file a complaint for sexual harassment.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                      hey mike, you gotta try my wifes new supervisor, lets just say EVIL doesn't come close and phyllis seems like an angel compared to Simone (wifes sup)

try to approach the situation carefully about her constant talking delicately like telling her this "let me get done with this project and then we can shoot the breeze abit" and then take 3 hours to finish.

it seems since she has been off the job market for @ 5 years she needs to relearn some people skills, what was she doing for the previous years?

you might want to take her out to dinner and lay the mack down oh her and if necessary show her the pimp hand
                      lol shes been playing the sims!

Comment

lol i kinda pictured her like this!!

Comment

I hope to god, for your sake she doesn't have bad breath.

But on the other hand, I'm a lover of all females. Give her my email and tell her Makaveli2k said "Hola bonita". I'll give her something to talk about!

=p

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                            lol shes been playing the sims!
                            i reread mikes post and realized i had missed that,

send her over makavelis way, she needs to be macked and macked hard!
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post

it seems since she has been off the job market for @ 5 years she needs to relearn people skills and you might be the one to teach her like it or not.
                              That's a good idea, I do it myself at my job.

And yes, she definitely is a little rusty on the ppl skills. Buy her a book on the subject. She can read that while easing up on your ears.

Comment

Working...
                              X