Where did Hondas Fuel Economy go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did Hondas Fuel Economy go?

There is no research into this, but it seems like the fuel Economy associated with honda at one time isnt there.

The New Accord V-6 get 17/25. That completley turned me off from the car. A 04 MB s600 with 12 cylinders and 2 turbos can manage 21 mpg on the highway, thats sad.

The Acura RL-My dads says it the computer averages around 17, and its more like 16 mpg.

The s2000. Dont know the exact numbers but I think its 22/26. Thats horrible for a 4 banger. On top of that, we all know that actual numbers are lower than the ratings.

99-03 Acura TL-When I had mine I averaged 22-23 mpg, and it didnt matter if I drove it Hard or Soft.

the 04-08 TL is a v6 with 270 hp, and it gets 30+ mpg hwy and High 20s in the city. Why is this the only recent car(and I am not talking about their econobox's) that gets respectable gas mileage?

What am I missing here? All of these numbers are Horrid, especially from Honda.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

I think it's because they've been trying to get out of the "honda, the fuel economy only car"

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Well, I dont completely agree with all of what you said. But the technology is there to get better mileage than what were seeing, however the consumer demands bigger,faster,more luxurious heavy cars where as if we were putting brand new engines into early 90s cars im sure wed be pulling much better mpg #s. But keep in mind the accord was rated 26 epa but lots of us see 30+. The s2k as well is not uncommon to see 30 mpg on the highway...some even reporting 35+.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        I think it's because they've been trying to get out of the "honda, the fuel economy only car"
        That is the only reason they have been such a successful company though
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

lol yeah Honda is trying to get out of the "honda, the fuel economy only car" by dropping the s2000 and NSX while adding propane, hydrogen and hybrid driven cars to their lineup. It's how you drive, now what you drive. When I'm really careful I can get 500+ on one tank, but when I'm careless I can get as little as 350.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
            That is the only reason they have been such a successful company though
            wrong and wrong.

They are trying to focus again on building fun,economical,reliable, sustainable cars. what the americans continually fail at.

Comment

I get an average of 8km/l from my H22a, 15km/l from the L15a and around 10km/l from the K24a

good numbers from what I see, except for the H22a LOL.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
              Honda Accord Euro-R
              Honda Odyssey Absolute
              Honda City I-DSi
              Honda Stream

Comment

The Honda Element gets 19mpg in the City and its a K24.

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                  wrong and wrong.

They are trying to focus again on building fun,economical,reliable, sustainable cars. what the americans continually fail at.
                  How was I wrong?

Comment

Because making a fuel efficient car is not the only reason they have been a successful company

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                      Because making a fuel efficient car is not the only reason they have been a successful company
                      Okay, not the ONLY. 80% of the reason then.

Comment

and the other 20% is reliability, economical, fun to drive,yadayada

Comment

I thought economocial was gas mileage. good call on the reliability.

Comment

for me being cheap to repair, maintain, and buy parts, etc is a huge plus. also they hold their resale value quite well.

Comment

i think the demand of ecomoney cars have not hit the maufacture yet.

look at the 80's it is simliar to now. the 70's had big heavey cars so the mid 80's to early 90's there was some really good cars good on gas. but look at what all manufactures have now? big trucks and rwd cars.

wait till gas hit 10 bucks a gallon. then we will see some good numbers
                              1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Working...
                              X