Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never felt a song like this...

Young Jeezy - "My President's Black"

He wrote the song in June, about Obama being the first black president, and he knew he'd win. Actually he didnt care if he'd win or lose.

This isnt a race thing, but i think i know the feeling behind a line in this song..

"Obama for mankind
    We ready for damn change so y'all let the man shine
    Stuntin on Martin Luther, feelin just like a king
    Guess this is what he meant when he said that he had a dream"

I cant explain the feeling it gives me. But its just like...for once something good and positive is happening and the leader at the head of that, is black. And for the first time in a long time, a black man is doing good and creating real change. Bush left us in a hole and one man is goin to pull us out and that one man is black.

To me, thats just awesome. Everyone is in trouble and in a time of a "majority" leader, a minority leader will out-do and overcome it all. From a mankind standpoint, thats awesome. To me, it no longer makes us different, it makes us the same. It makes us united.

I dunno. I really hope somebody else knows what i mean and gets the same feeling i do from that line or this song.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

I listen to it daily. It's number 10 on the CD I've had in my car for the past couple months. Really good song IMO. Also, he didn't write the song, which he mentions at the beginning.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Well whatever, but the idea behind it, whoever wrote it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Being "black" I can not understand anyone "feeling" a song like that.. It is actually pretty sad to me.. In the little time that the lyrics actually make sense its just about entitlement. Just because a president happens to be black doesn't mean you are going to get money, everything will be better, or that you ever deserve anything. This song and that attitude of entitlement set black people back..

I will leave this with
        My president is black, my Lambo's blue
        And I'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too
        Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 02-16-2009, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Technically he is only half black, and he will be a bad president. He just has brainwashed you too.

Comment

Im white.

Maybe thats why i dont see it like you do, but from what ive heard from the black ppl i know, work with, go to school with, etc, Obama becoming president is "about time". Its like he's finally giving hope to ppl who didnt have any.

Comment

I don't get any "feeling" from the song. Honestly who cares what shade of skin the president is, it doesnt make him a better president or better person. The change slogan he rode his way into the white house on was pretty slick, will see how much change is actually done, then maybe the song will be somewhat meaningful.

Minority or majority, problems are created by using those words to describe any group of people. We are all Americans, that's it.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
              Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
              Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
              04 WRX stg 2 sedan
              Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

I would hate being the pres of America. I wouldn't be able to stand all the ignorant people judging me.

Comment

Maybe im just glad to see him giving some black people hope. Or at least something to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                    I would hate being the pres of America. I wouldn't be able to stand all the ignorant people judging me.
                    this.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                      I wouldn't be able to stand all the ignorant people judging me.
                      Modded cb7 life.

=)

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                        Modded cb7 life.

=)
                        lol ya, thats my choice and being judged for it can be good and bad. I guess being pres is a choice too. It comes with the lifestyle.

Comment

In all honesty, looking at the candidates through out this election campaign. I very much think that he was the best candidate, I mean you had an old white guy who couldn't remember how many estates he had.

Ron Paul... it just wasn't his time.

and a Woman, no further explanation required. =p

Whether or not he was black or white, I think he was the most in touch with the general public. He was out there doing real PR unlike the other candidates, truly listening to what people had to say, on the streets, in conferences around America.

The fact that Mr.Obama is black is just a cherry on top.

I don't think he won purely on him being black, but he was the best product that was offered.

My president or Prime minster is't black so I can't really dig the song with you Ty, but when I go down south I'll definitely be bumping this song with the windows down.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                            Maybe im just glad to see him giving some black people hope. Or at least something to look forward to.
                            Did you see the youtube clip where the black lady thought Obama was going to pay for the gas in her car, and her mortgage? False hope?

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                              In all honesty, looking at the candidates through out this election campaign. I very much think that he was the best candidate, I mean you had an old white guy who couldn't remember how many estates he had.

Ron Paul... it just wasn't his time.

and a Woman, no further explanation required. =p

Whether or not he was black or white, I think he was the most in touch with the general public. He was out there doing real PR unlike the other candidates, truly listening to what people had to say, on the streets, in conferences around America.

The fact that Mr.Obama is black is just a cherry on top.

I don't think he won purely on him being black, but he was the best product that was offered.

My president or Prime minster is't black so I can't really dig the song with you Ty, but when I go down south I'll definitely be bumping this song with the windows down.
                              Your in Canada right? You should bump this song with the windows down on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X