drug dog scratched my truck!!! :angry:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drug dog scratched my truck!!! :angry:

So we had a drug search at school today. The dog hit on my Kota.

Let me say now that I don't and never have done drugs. I just don't particularly think the risk is worth the reward.

They said he hit on the drivers side front, and I asked why there were so many new scratches on the left side, and they looked and said, "oh, he hit there too."

WTF!?!?!?!

This dog must have not been trained. Or they SAID he hit on it so they could search it. I would understand that, I mean, it looks like a dealer truck. Black, body kit, chrome 20"s, tinted windows.

But honestly, they owe me some cash now. There are crazy scratches on the front bumper and body kit ( a $2000 factory option, I might add) and fender and hood. Between the refinish and blend it's probably a good $800 repair.

And my father (dog trainer, can make a dog find drugs, people, bombs, Basically anything) called every agency that was there to find out whose dog hit on it. Hopefully he can make them pay for it.

I don't understand why you would train a drug dog for aggresive response?!?!? That's asking to damage someone's property on a false hit.

/rant.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Thats what happenes wen u balla
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      Thats what happenes wen u balla
      Seriously, I do understand that it looks suspicious. But it sucks that I can't have a nice looking truck and not be considered a drug dealer. That's sad.
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Blame the drug dealers.
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

pics?

sux man.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
            Blame the drug dealers.
            done.

lol. God I'm just pissed. I keep my truck so clean, and so nice. but the body gets continually worse through no fault of my own.
            Last edited by turbomaxx; 02-26-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
              pics?

sux man.
              No pics yet. I had to work right after school and just got off a few minutes ago.

Comment

Did you get this truck at a police auction?

Well that really sucks, I would definitely be tracking down someone to pay for it.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  Did you get this truck at a police auction?
                  Good point. Being a used truck, especially one that LOOKS like a dealer's truck, it may have muled drugs at some point. The hit might not have been false... just a little late!

Still sucks. The dog isn't foolproof, and damaging your property is unacceptable. If they found drugs, then I suppose it could be excused, as the outcome was as expected. But without finding drugs... that's like shooting an unarmed man because you thought he had a gun... no proof, damage done... BIG trouble.

Comment

Wow...really?

They owe it to you....that's bulllshit.

Can't wait for pictures.

Comment

Welcome to the club

If you have a new car/ a nicely painted car/ a clean car you'll always be paranoid.

My dad's an old man and that's how he is about his cars. He nearly flipped when my mom let the seatbelt go and it nicked his door panel.

I guess it runs in the family!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        Good point. Being a used truck, especially one that LOOKS like a dealer's truck, it may have muled drugs at some point. The hit might not have been false... just a little late!

Still sucks. The dog isn't foolproof, and damaging your property is unacceptable. If they found drugs, then I suppose it could be excused, as the outcome was as expected. But without finding drugs... that's like shooting an unarmed man because you thought he had a gun... no proof, damage done... BIG trouble.
                        That's EXACTLY my thinking. It's one thing if they had found something, but there isn't and never has been drugs in my dakota. I don't let drug users ride, period!! For this reason, no less!

And no, not from police auction. Joe Jacoby Dodge dealership of Warrenton VA.

I'll try to get pics but I'm not sure if they will show up to well.

Comment

Same thing happened to one of my buddies.
                          Although they DID find bullets.
                          Supposedly, you cant have those things in your personal vehicle.
                          But hey, we were goin huntin after school..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                          Bought from: ChampCoupe
                          Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

What does this dog do to alert the handler of a hit? Jump on the car? I have seen drug dogs that paw or scratch at the area, while some simply sit next to the area. I have heard of small scratches from the dogs nails but nothing to the extent which this has been described. From talking to you in the past about your dad, he sounds like he has all kinds of experience. What does he say about the whole thing?

I would be filing a complaint with the School (it occurred on their property while they clearly knew you were away from your truck) and with the agency that employs the dog and handler (the dog caused the damage).

If the dog has to dig into the paint to alert the handler of a hit, the handler needs better training. As soon as the dog initially hits that dog needs to be pulled off, so no damage will be caused and it will not appear that anything was tampered with.

There was a case here locally that a defense attorney was able to put enough doubt in the jurors minds that his client walked. The whole thing was simply over damage done to the car by the drug dog. The defense was able to make the jury believe that the car may have been tampered with and the evidence may have been planted, therefor the jury could not convict beyond a reasonable doubt.

Comment

I'll bet your school has a no-damage liability policy for student vehicles because of things like this.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X