I don't get it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it.

I'm looking for another mode of transportation.

I'm looking for something previously swapped, and preferably turbo. I'm looking at SR swapped 240's, swapped CRX's, and some swapped K series cars, and all these people want top dollar for their car. Even before our current economic situation, I thought the prices for some of these cars was ridiculous. It seems now even more outrageous, considering everyone still wants top dollar, even though noone has any money! I understand thinking your own car is worth the world, becuase its your "baby" and everything, but come on.

It's just frustrating, to see a car built in 1991 going for 6K+

people put money into their cars, but everyone knows you won't get the money back out. everyone except the person who has the car.

little vent on looking for a new car.

Originally posted by npor View Post
    even though noone has any money! .
    I'm tired of hearing things like this.. No one has money, there are no jobs, etc... I'm making double what I was making two years ago and I know of many people doing well. Few people I know are having issues that were not brought upon by themselves.. Car that are cheap (under 15k) aren't really affected by the economy so that argument isn't valid. Cars above that are. People who over extended them selves with 40k cars are buying 15k cars.

On topic

I agree 240s are way over price.. People think those POSs are made of gold.. I'm glad I'm not even interested in them. Four years ago you could get them for half what they go for today

Comment

I think its funny how a stock da or stock eg and ek civic go for 3500+....and a cb in better condition goes for 1500.Trendwhores.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

AE86s were the same thing. Once the drifting trend and Initial D came stateside, the prices jacked up.

Comment

90's civic 3doors too

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

It's demand guys. Yeah it's a fad, if someone wants something you can charge more. IT's common sense.

Guys asking top dollar are either not desperate to sell (AKA won't sell for less than this because it's worth that much to them) or are getting the money they are asking.
            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

i just see this thread title "1990 240sx sr20det - $7,000" and laugh. a car 19 years old, for 7K? they aren't even that rare! sr swapped 240's are everywhere now a days!

Comment

I'll give you that. 240s are way overpriced. Almost all affordable rwd cars went up in price.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                  I'll give you that. 240s are way overpriced. Almost all affordable rwd cars went up in price.
                  Not cressida

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                    AE86s were the same thing. Once the drifting trend and Initial D came stateside, the prices jacked up.
                    I can't complain. I had about $3k into my 240sx (including car itself). After Tokyo Drift came out I sold it for $7k.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

yea but the same car has been on craigslist for months.....

however i have not gotten one offer on my car @ 2500 dollars. not even a low ball offer, the car must be too nice for the typical 4th gen accord buyer.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                        I can't complain. I had about $3k into my 240sx (including car itself). After Tokyo Drift came out I sold it for $7k.
                        Nice.

Anyone know what cars are going to be in the next tokyo drift? I hope there's an e30!

Comment

Let's hope a CB7 gets fame.

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                            Let's hope a CB7 gets fame.
                            Doubt it...

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by npor View Post
                              I'm looking for another mode of transportation.

I'm looking for something previously swapped, and preferably turbo. I'm looking at SR swapped 240's, swapped CRX's, and some swapped K series cars, and all these people want top dollar for their car. Even before our current economic situation, I thought the prices for some of these cars was ridiculous. It seems now even more outrageous, considering everyone still wants top dollar, even though noone has any money! I understand thinking your own car is worth the world, becuase its your "baby" and everything, but come on.

It's just frustrating, to see a car built in 1991 going for 6K+

people put money into their cars, but everyone knows you won't get the money back out. everyone except the person who has the car.

little vent on looking for a new car.
                              It has gotten to the point where the trends are starting to change, because people are realizing that just because you can't get 100% of your money out doesn't mean you can't get anything.

It is also unrealistic for you to assume you can sweep in and buy a HEAVILY modded car for low blue book too. They might be overpriced, but you are unrealistic if you expect them to take bottom dollar for it. There is probably a middle ground somewhere. Having said that, it is cheaper to keep it and let it sit, than to sell it for too low a price.

I understand what you are saying, but if those are the prices they want, then they are the prices they want. You either get to pay it, or move on.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X