fuck the crank bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuck the crank bolt

im pissed. spent 3 hrs and wasted my time, broke numerous tools on other bolts and this sucker is ON tight as fuck. I left a few bolts out to tention the PS and alternator. I'm just going to pay a guy at my work to do it.

my back kills, my time is wasted and yeah.

this is just a rant. and its on my civic. I'm boosting again. I have everything, but emanage seems to be a little off guard. I cant see any maps in it.

But yeah I may boost tommrow once i talk to greddy and see what the problem is. Get ready kids.

get the crank pulley holder tool (about $80 from Honda) and use a strong breaker bar with an impact socket. Put a pipe extension on the breaker bar if need be. Works every time and in about 30 seconds

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

The crank pulley is awesome, and you can get them for alot less than $80. Use that and an impact, and its off in seconds
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

impact is your friend

Buuuuuuttt.. u should only use it for removal because it doesnt provide linear torque on bolts and wat not

Comment

2 people and 2 breaker bars ftw. thats what we used when we did my clutch job while we were doing my 5 speed swap
          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

hold up hold up hold up!!

i had the exact problem! crank holder pulley + 10 foot extension and 4 guys

busted extention and a busted adapter and then craked socket

use an acycline torch and get it really really hot then use an ice cube on the tip. keep doing that till you hear a pop! then use the impact to get it out

pulley holder did squat on me but if you want it it is at amazon for 30 bucks shipped
            1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

i say use a torch heat the bitch up
              PB blaster
              and then get a some r134 frion bottle open it turn it upsidedown and freeze the bitch

and if u cant get it out, i'll pay ur bally fitness membership
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

i had this problem this weekend, i even busted the propane torch out along with my ingersoll rand which is rated 750+ torque.

i even stuck a screwdriver in the teeth of the flexplate with the breaker bar.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Just go get yourself a better impact I have a 1/2" drive one that would probably break the bolt in half LOL!! But to work on semis you have to have big tools!
                  "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                  sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                  Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                  Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

lol, I always have the head off when I do it so I put towels in the cylinders and bolt down the head so the motor doesn't turn over hahah. Works like a charm. Then I just use a 1/2" torque wrench and my manly arms.

Comment

hope your the original owner of your emanage

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

and no putting your car in 5th and standing on the brake does not cut it lol clutch slips
                        1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

use the starter to remove it, if you can't use other means.
                          either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

guys i have a stuck shock fork pinch bolt(yea the head is stripped too)
                            any ideas in removing it? i wanna do my struts and springs but cant because of this

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
                              guys i have a stuck shock fork pinch bolt(yea the head is stripped too)
                              any ideas in removing it? i wanna do my struts and springs but cant because of this
                              go make your own thread lazy
                              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Working...
                              X