Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too fat to fly

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/200...two_seats.html

Yet, people with babies, people who talk too much, and people with alot of crap dont have to pay extra...

34% of Americans are obese/overweight. 1 in 4 kids are overweight. And with every fucking restaurant having a Dollar Menu and things like Pizza Hut's $10 "Panormous Pizza", its a wonder how those numbers got so high.

Im not blaming the airlines for ppl being fat, nor am i saying that its someone elses fault, but if theres one thing i know about America, its that when a good percentage of us start doing things a certain way or turn to certain trends, in this case, being overweight--the rest of us are forced to compromise or in some way have to have our ways of living changed to suit those other ppl. If/when we dont, the lawsuits start.

I know its no ones fault that fat ppl cant fit, and in essence, if they cant fit or dont wanna pay extra, they shouldnt fly...but i think that applies to others as well. People with babies; Id rather be in a confined place with a fat guy than a lady with a whiney baby. You KNOW the baby's gonna cry and whine. Dont bring him on the plane. Take some other means of travel or hire a sitter, etc. YES, there's always another way around it. Like it or not.

I think they should start making the seats bigger, and here's why;

-Fat flyers can fly
    -Skinny flyers will have more room
    -Less people will be on the plane, in the event of a crash

I think those are good enough reasons.

Sooner or later, the airlines will give in and make changes. America's fat and only getting fatter.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/money/200...two_seats.html

Yet, people with babies, people who talk too much, and people with alot of crap dont have to pay extra...

34% of Americans are obese/overweight. 1 in 4 kids are overweight. And with every fucking restaurant having a Dollar Menu and things like Pizza Hut's $10 "Panormous Pizza", its a wonder how those numbers got so high.

Im not blaming the airlines for ppl being fat, nor am i saying that its someone elses fault, but if theres one thing i know about America, its that when a good percentage of us start doing things a certain way or turn to certain trends, in this case, being overweight--the rest of us are forced to compromise or in some way have to have our ways of living changed to suit those other ppl. If/when we dont, the lawsuits start.

I know its no ones fault that fat ppl cant fit, and in essence, if they cant fit or dont wanna pay extra, they shouldnt fly...but i think that applies to others as well. People with babies; Id rather be in a confined place with a fat guy than a lady with a whiney baby. You KNOW the baby's gonna cry and whine. Dont bring him on the plane. Take some other means of travel or hire a sitter, etc. YES, there's always another way around it. Like it or not.

I think they should start making the seats bigger, and here's why;

-Fat flyers can fly
    -Skinny flyers will have more room
    -Less people will be on the plane, in the event of a crash

I think those are good enough reasons.

Sooner or later, the airlines will give in and make changes. America's fat and only getting fatter.
    Unfortunately, this comes with the weight factor. The more the plane weighs, the more fuel it's going to take to get somewhere, just like in any other vehicle. It's a sad thing to see something like this happen, but you have to make money in a tight economy somewhere.

If people weren't so lazy, and schools weren't cutting physical education classes left and right, and parents kicked their children outside to play for an hour or two a day, this wouldn't be such a problem. Just my .02 cents.
    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Im a big guy myself but ive never flown and dont plan on it in the near future. And unless i have to go overseas for some reason, ill more than likely(and wont have a problem) end up driving, taking a bus or a train.

I just feel bad for those who fly often and are now going to have to buy 2 seats.

It is sad, and it does suck, but i thin this situation is still in the early stages, so making compromises for everyone wont happen yet. I think it will one day though.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

people are trying to make a dollar wherever they can find it. fat people must feed their fat faces so they must have an extra dollar to spare.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Not necessarily true.

Comment

While I agree seats are getting smaller, they are getting smaller at a slower rate than people are getting fatter.

Its easy to make a car bigger for fatter asses. Not so easy to make seats bigger while maintaining passenger (and slim profit margins) capacity.

So in the end, people are fat and need to stop eating so much!

Comment

Not necessarily true.
              i dont see poor people being so fat.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                that statement is dumb.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

Its not a guarantee that people with kids are gonna be louder....Ive flown lots of times and Ive been on planes sitting beside kids less than 2 and they dont say anything....honestly in most of my experiences once the planes in the air they fall asleep or watch tv....not to say kids dont whine or cry....but you saying "you know" that theyll cry isnt true

Ive also sat on a plane with a fat dude beside me....and i would take 10 crying kids over a fat dude beside me

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    You're a moron if you stand by that statement.

Comment

And I realize this is coming from a canadian....but maybe Americans should focus on trying to get healthier rather than making travel easier for the obese

Canadians also gotta do the same

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                        And I realize this is coming from a canadian....but maybe Americans should focus on trying to get healthier rather than making travel easier for the obese

Canadians also gotta do the same
                        I agree, and if I remember correctly, our obesity problem is not nearly as severe as the united states(Which holds a spot in the top 10 fattest countries in the world)

... If I snook some Hamburgers onto an American Airline, I could make a huge profit selling them to the obese people.

=p
                        j/p

Comment

Everytime I think about flying this crosses my mind. Maybe a few slices of pizza, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                            I agree, and if I remember correctly, our obesity problem is not nearly as severe as the united states(Which holds a spot in the top 10 fattest countries in the world)

... If I snook some Hamburgers onto an American Airline, I could make a huge profit selling them to the obese people.

=p
                            j/p
                            Ya i know....but I couldnt make a statement about americans without saying something about us.....I knew someone would say something lol

Comment

fat people are u mad???

Comment

Working...
                              X