Time attack anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time attack anyone?

anyone ever tried time attack racing. basically race around a track and see what your times are.

im thinking hardcore about building the accord for the modified class. basically stripped, caged, full suspension, and motor built with turbo. somewhere in the 400hp range on nitto tires. so its probably going to take me this year to build it, but i might just throw the h22 and run n/a with a suspension and caged to see how fast i could run it.

ideas? comments?
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

ive thought about going to richmond and trying something like this. but im not gonna dump that much into my car to compete with Evos and STi's. lol. even Skylines are out there. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      ive thought about going to richmond and trying something like this. but im not gonna dump that much into my car to compete with Evos and STi's. lol. even Skylines are out there. lol.
      you could be in the street class. thats like full interior, some suspension mods and some motor work. basically a streetable car.
      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
        you could be in the street class. thats like full interior, some suspension mods and some motor work. basically a streetable car.
        that would be cool. i might do that with the coupe i plan on getting later this year. an N/A H22 with a nice suspension set up and some sticky tires will do find for me.

Comment

Why Nitto tires?
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
            Why Nitto tires?
            i heard nitto tires makes a good tire for street and track. so im going to try them out. what do you suggest?
            Last edited by quickangel93; 05-06-2009, 11:12 AM.
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Be sure you read and understand the regulations VERY well... and be prepared to make changes from season to season.

I was looking into this myself. I wanted to build an official CB7tuner car... but it would be far too much money and work for me to put forth at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                Be sure you read and understand the regulations VERY well... and be prepared to make changes from season to season.

I was looking into this myself. I wanted to build an official CB7tuner car... but it would be far too much money and work for me to put forth at this time.
                k thanks
                miss my turbo cb7

Comment

400hp in a cb would be way too much power for an auto-x course.

Maybe 300whp NA. That would be sufficient to run with any of the big dogs on the straights. The turns well...thats a completely different story where there's too many variables.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post

Maybe 300whp NA. That would be sufficient to run with any of the big dogs on the straights. The turns well...thats a completely different story where there's too many variables.
                    Time attacks are on road courses. You don't have to have all the safety equipment that regular race cars need because you are not racing wheel to wheel with anyone else, so car to car contact is non-existent.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post

i think 250 would be adequete, my auto-x car maybe onlt has 160-170!
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

but in time attack as long as you have a suspension and brake setup to keep the car on the track you can go all out on the motor

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                        1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread
                        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

very true^^ but you dont want to have 400hp going around a turn, spining tire and shit. time attack is about less power but a well-balanced car

Comment

more power = easier to break stuff. remember about everything between the crank and tires.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                              i heard nitto tires makes a good tire for street and track. so im going to try them out. what do you suggest?
                              If you want to be in the modified class, the only way to go would be with a true racing compound, you would never have a chance to win on a streetable tire.

I am not extremely privy on what the best racing tire is simply because many racing classes run on a spec tire but some of the latest models are:
                              Hoosier R6
                              Toyo R888
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X