Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek - Has anyone seen it? (Spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek - Has anyone seen it? (Spoiler)

I went to watch Star Trek high the other day and analyzed every aspect of it. It is the worst movie I have every seen. It is simply horrible. I'm kind of a Star Wars fan and never watched Start Trek before but always found it funny how there is a tension between the fans of Star Trek and Star Wars. Anyway I never understood why until I watched it. It just sucks. Some quotes are meant to be smart but yet they are nothing but logic. The dialogues are bad, I didn't understand 75% of what the !@#$ they were talking about. The movie also revolves around tragedy way too much. In what kind of world would your wife give birth to your son in a rescue spaceship while you're unboard of the U.S.S Enterprise on a collision course with an enemy spaceship and taking to her to decide what his name would be. What can be more tragic? There's also that part where Spock and his family are being teleported (energized <--- What?) onto their spaceship from his home planet Vulcan that is being eaten by a black hole but before they finish teleporting her mother falls down with the collapsing ground and never makes it. I mean what the heck? It's a psycho non sense story set in the future. The only good aspect of that movie is that it's visually very appealing. For the past few years film production has been revolving around already existing stories and mainly super heroes ones or remakes. I have high hope for X-Men Origins though and hopefully G.I Joe will be of some entertainment.
    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

I saw it and thought it was decent. My brother hated it as he is a bih trekkie.

It skewed off the "normal" paths, revolved around Spock and things happened that wouldnt normally happened. And yeah, at one point, i was kinda lost myself.

All-in-all, i give it a B-.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

saw it today...i loved it my opinion..i'm a fan of star Trek Enterprise only, but the movie was great. exellent graphics too. it did have a lot of tradegy..but that was the point...a way to emotionaly compromise Spock, since all vulcans didn't have any feelings, but Spock did

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

so you don't like star trek...you think there is tension between fans :eyeroll: yet you're saying this movie sucked? HA HA HA, i can understand though...but it seems you are more a fan of ost than you let on...those are the folks who tend to really NOT like this movie

As an all around sci fi fan, and one who has seen every star trek episode and movie, this movie was not the worst of the franchise...that would be star trek nemesis.

However, it was not the best, nor in the top imo. It was worth watching, I will most likely buy the dvd...unlike nemesis which I try to act like never happened HA HA.

It had some drawbacks. At first it seemed to have some over the top acting that didn't fit...but then I realized this was when they were young, kirk was a bad ass but he hadn't honed his control over it yet...spock hadn't matured yet...the uhura relationship thing was a bit off.

Bones was spot on...after hearing only two words of his first line me and my dad looked at each other and both said..."bones"

all in all it was...ok...b rating seems accurate. I don't like that they basically made a whole new "time line" by destroying the two homeworlds of some of the most influential races in the latter series'. It almost makes it seem like the latter series are all null now. Course it could be argued that by the time of stng the races would have rebuilt enough to not effect the happenings of the later series. And would explain why the romulans weren't around for much in the ost.

oh and for non-fans...
        stng = star trek the next generation
        ost = original star trek
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          so you don't like star trek...you think there is tension between fans :eyeroll: yet you're saying this movie sucked? HA HA HA, i can understand though...but it seems you are more a fan of ost than you let on...those are the folks who tend to really NOT like this movie

As an all around sci fi fan, and one who has seen every star trek episode and movie, this movie was not the worst of the franchise...that would be star trek nemesis.

However, it was not the best, nor in the top imo. It was worth watching, I will most likely buy the dvd...unlike nemesis which I try to act like never happened HA HA.

It had some drawbacks. At first it seemed to have some over the top acting that didn't fit...but then I realized this was when they were young, kirk was a bad ass but he hadn't honed his control over it yet...spock hadn't matured yet...the uhura relationship thing was a bit off.

Bones was spot on...after hearing only two words of his first line me and my dad looked at each other and both said..."bones"

all in all it was...ok...b rating seems accurate. I don't like that they basically made a whole new "time line" by destroying the two homeworlds of some of the most influential races in the latter series'. It almost makes it seem like the latter series are all null now. Course it could be argued that by the time of stng the races would have rebuilt enough to not effect the happenings of the later series. And would explain why the romulans weren't around for much in the ost.

oh and for non-fans...
          ost = original star trek
          I guess you are a fan huh?

I grew watching star trek enterprise and others so I thik I will check this one out ad make my own judgements
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I actually watched it online,pretty good,I like both star wars and star trek,more the next generation fan.But I had to remind myself while watching it,that this was while all the main characters,Kirk,spock,the whole original series crew were basically still in the academy,Not the polished crewmen they were on the series.It was pretty good imo,not the best of the movies,but not the worst either
            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

wouldnt waste my money

Comment

I've never been interested in Star Trek, but I still wanted to see it based on the trailers. After reading this, I'll just wait until it's available on NetFlix.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

best movie i've seen this year so far.

if you like action, explosion, sci-fi, and high tech gadetry this movie is for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                    I've never been interested in Star Trek, but I still wanted to see it based on the trailers. After reading this, I'll just wait until it's available on NetFlix.
                    or you could watch it online
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Josh, i would recommend it. It has great action, and lots of cool stuff. I grew up with TNG, Voyager and DS9. I know about the origina crew, but im not a fan at all of the Scott Bakula-era ST, thus why im hesitant about this film.

They made everyone so much younger and in the original it wasnt like that. Hell, in the original, Spock and Uhura didnt have a thing and Capt Pike was left in a tiny box on an island to live out his days in a mental fantasy land.

As far as movie-making, action, sci-fi, worth its money, i give it

I was simply grading it from an avid fan POV. It used the time travel/warp theory to skew some of the events and change things i remember, which i dont think is right to do to the younger gens. They should see it how it happened way back in the day.

Overall id say, if you have an afternoon or find yourself one night, go see it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post

oh and for non-fans...
                        ost = original star trek
                        Thanks for this......your post was confusing until I saw that then re-read it....now it all makes sense lol

I have no intentions of seeing this movie.....Star Trek has never been of any interest to me.....and although the trailers look to be decent I know Id just end up not paying any attention cuz Ive never even see 15 min of any star trek show, movie or anything in my life.

The only star trek I have ever seen was the discovery thing about how star trek changed the world or somthing.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                          Thanks for this......your post was confusing until I saw that then re-read it....now it all makes sense lol

I have no intentions of seeing this movie.....Star Trek has never been of any interest to me.....and although the trailers look to be decent I know Id just end up not paying any attention cuz Ive never even see 15 min of any star trek show, movie or anything in my life.

The only star trek I have ever seen was the discovery thing about how star trek changed the world or somthing.
                          i've never sat through a star trek movie/show either and I loved the movie. Has everything a good sci fi has, action and nice CG.

Comment

You dont need to know anything about ST to see this movie. In fact, it probably helps cuz then you dont know what they fucked up and what stayed the same.

Comment

I thought it was a great movie. Stop overanalyzing the shit out of it and enjoy it. It's a damn movie.
                              Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X