Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally calculated my 2008 mileage for work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally calculated my 2008 mileage for work...

...and I drove 42,491 miles last year.

That was spread over my GTP, my CB7, and my Fit (with a day in the ex's 02 SE, and a day in a rented Mazda 3)

I drove 154 days. I only worked 1 day in February (for those that remember me searching for a job!), and 4 days in January. I didn't really start picking up until the fall... I had a total of 5 days off in December (all of which were spent inside doing paperwork).

I consider last year to be a slow year, compared to this one. I had 21,000 miles on the Fit at the end of the year (got it the last week of September). I now have 58,000 on it.

I spent an estimated $6000 in gas.

So are you getting any taxes back on all this? Thats a lot of gas!!

Comment

I get to write off like $.41 per mile... so I get roughly a $20,000 writeoff. Not too bad... taxes still kick my ass, though! I was also late with 3 of my quarterly tax payments (self employed, I pay taxes on 4/15, 6/15, 9/15, and 1/15 of the following year), so I'm gonna get hammered with penalties. I filed an extension, because I didn't have the time to sit and do these calculations... now that it's done, I can file last year's taxes! (now that 2009 is half done... )

So yeah, I'll be writing a check for about $7000 next week, plus whatever the penalties are... My bank account looks pretty badass right now, but that's only because Uncle Sam hasn't taken his cut yet! Once I write those checks... I'll be broke again.

Comment

Your calves must be hard as steel with all that driving ! lol

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
        Frost White Member 13
        My Ride
        "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

I wish I was still driving the CB7... no power steering was making my arms all sortsa buff! I was getting damn good at parallel parking that thing in Jersey City, too!

Comment

Holy Jesus. That's a lot of miles! Thats almost more than my 91ex had!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              I wish I was still driving the CB7... no power steering was making my arms all sortsa buff! I was getting damn good at parallel parking that thing in Jersey City, too!
              If you wanna get buff then go buy a Lexus and take off the power steering belt! It takes a good 250lb man to drive one....

Comment

That sounds like fun!

Comment

Wow. That's a lot of miles. I guess the fact that I once racked up just shy of 30K for personal travel reasons is more impressive than a I thought!

Deev, you should know by now that tax penalties are not good.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yeah, I know. My accountants screwed me up royally last year, and having to file jointly with the ex one final time didn't help. Been on time this year, though... Hoping to keep it that way!

Comment

that already exceeds my "new" broken engine that i put in a couple eyars ago.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                        If you wanna get buff then go buy a Lexus and take off the power steering belt! It takes a good 250lb man to drive one....
                        i wanna try this lol

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

You put on more miles in 1 year then I've put on my entire adult life. And I'm 22.

I've been driving since I was 16, too!

Comment

I'll have over 100k on the Fit by the end of the year. If I keep going at this rate, I may have over 100k before October (which will be 100k in a year of owning it)

I really should look to pay it off ASAP. I financed for 6 years, and it may or may not last that long!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                              I'll have over 100k on the Fit by the end of the year. If I keep going at this rate, I may have over 100k before October (which will be 100k in a year of owning it)

I really should look to pay it off ASAP. I financed for 6 years, and it may or may not last that long!
                              If you do the routine maintenance, it should be fine. Besides, if you can get it to 1 million plus miles, Honda may very well buy it back, and give you a car of your choice.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X