Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything in the automotive field that makes 100K+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything in the automotive field that makes 100K+?

well..ive always wanted to be a mechanic..im suppose to start college in Sept to get my Bachelors Degree in AUtomotive technology..but my father has talked me sort of out of it..hes a ASE Master Tech for Nissan..Reason i wanted to be a mechanic is because of him..I see the Money he makes and i love doing everything fdor myself..but he Really does not want me to become a mechanic..because he says it took him 15 Years to get what hes making..and its not always like this.. and he works more then 40+ hrs in labor to get what he makes..so hes talked me out of it..and wants better for me.. it makes sense.

so..is there anything in the Automotive field i can do? and make 100k+ a year? ive googled but came up inconclusive..i also dont mind relocationg and going to school is not a problem

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
    I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Reason school is not a problem- My fiance is in School to become a dermatologist and has another 4-6 years left..including the 3 shes alwready done..so wed both be going to school

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
    I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Engineer.
      wat?

Comment

Yeah, automotive engineering, design, etc... those things will get you money. However, I'm quite sure the fields are very competitive, so you might have the education and still not have a job!

If you did something highly specialized, you would be in demand, and could demand a higher salary... working on common passenger cars wouldn't be the way to that. You'd need to be able to work on complex things. Again, probably very competitive, and the market would be small. (I'm talking exotic cars, high tech machinery, etc... anything but the stuff you sit behind in traffic every day!)

The other option is to work your way towards opening your own shop. If you're successful, you can make a fortune with your own shop. If you're not... you'll make nothing... that's a gamble.

Comment

right now with all the automotive companies going through bailouts and bankruptcy it is a hard field but with the thought in mind that president obahma is trying to pass a bill to make manufactures go all out in hydrid/solar/and electric engines ... engineering and development would be good fields to look into

Comment

im going back for i.t. and managment which should be right around 50k-80k a year

i went to uti for a few mos, and i just realized not to turn a hobby into a paycheck.
            you will quicky hate it, and not enjoy it.

Comment

Service Writers make bookoo bucks. You know those tards that tell you whats wrong with your car when you go to the dealer? Yeah...
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I turned down an offer to be a service writer... $35k was the offer. That was for my stepfather's small Chrysler dealership, though. I'm sure someplace larger would result in much more. The Honda dealership that Jak Frostwhite works at, for example... it's 4x the size of the Chrysler dealership, and MUCH busier.

Comment

Yeah, I'd imagine it depends on the size of the dealer.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Dual major in Mechanical and Chemical engineering, and perfect the hydrogen car...that will get you 100k a year.
                    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                      Dual major in Mechanical and Chemical engineering, and perfect the hydrogen car...that will get you 100k a year.
                      prob more than that lol

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        Service Writers make bookoo bucks. You know those tards that tell you whats wrong with your car when you go to the dealer? Yeah...
                        Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        I turned down an offer to be a service writer... $35k was the offer. That was for my stepfather's small Chrysler dealership, though. I'm sure someplace larger would result in much more. The Honda dealership that Jak Frostwhite works at, for example... it's 4x the size of the Chrysler dealership, and MUCH busier.
                        I work at a Chevy dealership thats probably among the top 3, in the STATE and i know for a fact, the service writers makes upwards of $40k a year. The foremans make like $60k a year, and the guy in charge of the entire service department makes just over $100k.

BUT---he's been in the busy for like 30+ years and started at the bottom.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The automotive industry isn't what I'd call a good industry if you want a starting job making +100K a year.

Even if you went through a college with a great reputation, did well (+3.5GPA), and applied you've still got to deal with the others that have come up for years in the industry working directly under people that can get them jobs.

To be honest, most 100k jobs you are going to consider to be "boring" unless you have some super specialized skill or talent.
                          Last edited by Tnwagn; 06-07-2009, 04:56 PM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

If you want 100k, go for medicine or law.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                              If you want 100k, go for medicine or law.
                              x2. If you're looking to make a 100 grand fresh like Bambi out of school, all young and strong and ish, there are very few fields that will give you that. It's not impossible to make 60 or 70 out of school if you study engineering or something like that.

unfortunately for Law or Medicine, you'll most likely be spending almost if not more 10 years in school, and it won't exactly be a straight 9-5 position, much more hours and stress involved.

My advise do what you want to do. If working on cars is what interests you and you enjoy it, time flies you won't be looking at the clock at noon time thinking "Fuck I've got 5 more hours to go"

Good luck on whatever you decide to do man!

Comment

Working...
                              X