help GRM UTCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
    God damn your car is hot! That 2nd shot is now my back ground. Voted and good luck!

What are the rules for this challenge? I want to participate in the GRM $2009 challenge.

*wow, you seriously need to make an MRT. I'm very interested in your setup. Looks like you could use osme tuning. You could use a higher redline and/or some taller tires. I'd really like to see your suspension/tire setup.
    that picture is me crawling around with my well worn dry tires on a very wet track, my rains are stock alloys. The car does look sweet there though.

the UTCC is fairly straight forward, there are two classes(varsity+junior varsity) each with two subcategories(independent+shop). JV is any NA 4cyl, Varsity is anything more than that. Independent vs Shop is pretty self explanatory. Pretty much anything goes and there are some seriously fast cars in the faster classes. I will be entered in the independent JV class, which should be the slowest class. See this link http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/utcc-2009/

the GRM $200x challenge is much different, it is anything goes within the budget cap. There are lots of different approaches, but the car has to be good in three categories; autoX, drag strip, and concourse. see here http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/2009-challenge/

I have been busy lately but I see a MRT in my future. It is tuned, and running very well as far as I can tell. Currently running 225/45-15 toyo ra-1, omnipower race shocks 12k f 18k r, 8000 rev limit, with a quaife equipped h23 trans. It could use a final drive at most tracks but Im waiting to see if I will go with the 4.6 or 5.2. Why do you think I need more revs or a taller tire?

And good news I got the invite and am signed up, so look for me in GRM in a couple months.
    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
    newer race video,older race videos
    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

To me it seemed like you were letting of a tad early during the turns(top of 2nd), mostly due to the engine being at its redline. A higher redline, or taller tire(less rpm, but higher speed) would net you to keep it in gear a little longer.

Does that thing rev all the way to 8k? It definitely should in 2nd gear if it was tuned.

Either way, yeah, the GRM $200x challenge is more my type of thing. Cheap performance pretty much. I tuned one of the contestants last year and he's planning on having me build a motor for him this year and tune it again. Should be fun.
      Last edited by d112crzy; 07-14-2009, 09:45 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
      X