Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apple exec to microsoft. "stop airing your commercials"

her face is awesome...funny story

Apple may have publicly responded to Microsoft's Laptop Hunters ads with a counterpunch of its own back in May, but it looks like it may have been singing a slightly different tune behind the scenes more recently, at least according to Microsoft's Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Turner. Speaking at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference earlier today, Turner said that he knows the ads are working because "two weeks ago we got a call from the Apple legal department saying [...] 'Hey, you need to stop running those ads, we lowered our prices.'" Turner further went on to note that "they took like $100 off or something," before stating to applause that it "was the greatest single phone call in the history that I've ever taken in business" -- though he did apparently take a minute to ask: "Is this a joke? Who are you?" In case you're wondering, Turner also confirmed that Microsoft is indeed "just going to keep running them and running them and running them."
    ____

Good for ms. F Apple.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
      Good for ms. F Apple.
      /Thread

Underground.Society
      Originally posted by Deevergote
      If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
        Good for ms. F Apple.
        Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
        /Thread
        this.
        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

i want to slap that expression off her face.

Comment

Funny how Apple has no problem with a derogatory MS campaign...
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

pwnt.
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

i hate the apple commericals.

they flame MS like crazy.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                  i hate the apple commericals.

they flame MS like crazy.
                  but when MS turns the tables, they go crying for them to please stop

ive go like 3 dead Apples in my basement for a reason, too expensive to fix and friends drop them on me

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
                    but when MS turns the tables, they go crying for them to please stop

ive go like 3 dead Apples in my basement for a reason, too expensive to fix and friends drop them on me
                    MS even does it subtle too. not really flaming them and they get butt hurt.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                      MS even does it subtle too. not really flaming them and they get butt hurt.
                      It is because Apple has finally realized that Microsoft, and the PC in general have a lot of ammo on Apple, they just have chosen not to use it until now.

Apple has no problem slaying the open source issues with PC, but they can't handle it when Microsoft slays the cost issues associated with Mac. And they are WAY overpriced.

Plus, now that it has started to get out that Mac's aren't the security proof machines they were once being marketed as, all Mac has to rely is....well, nothing. The reliability and ease of use don't really justify twice the price, which is why Apple nearly disappeared in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post

her face is awesome...funny story

Apple may have publicly responded to Microsoft's Laptop Hunters ads with a counterpunch of its own back in May, but it looks like it may have been singing a slightly different tune behind the scenes more recently, at least according to Microsoft's Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Turner. Speaking at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference earlier today, Turner said that he knows the ads are working because "two weeks ago we got a call from the Apple legal department saying [...] 'Hey, you need to stop running those ads, we lowered our prices.'" Turner further went on to note that "they took like $100 off or something," before stating to applause that it "was the greatest single phone call in the history that I've ever taken in business" -- though he did apparently take a minute to ask: "Is this a joke? Who are you?" In case you're wondering, Turner also confirmed that Microsoft is indeed "just going to keep running them and running them and running them."
                        This may be true but Apple is a much better computer with far less problems in my opinion. Apple customer service is also great.
                        Apples direct call customer service is totally unmatched.
                        600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

cliffs: "I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person."
                          http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=2384

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
                            This may be true but Apple is a much better computer with far less problems in my opinion. Apple customer service is also great.
                            Apples direct call customer service is totally unmatched.
                            1) The problems would be related to the opearting system. There are no real fundamental issues with the PC and its open architecture, as long as it is speced to work together.

2) Microsoft has not traditionally been the most reliable OS, but there are other better sources available for PC. Microsoft and PC are not mutually linked. Having said that, I have a computer running XP that is going on 7 years old on the original installation, and I have had ZERO problems with it. Can't say the same for Vista though, or 95,98, ME,2000.

3) Try finding a repair shop for an Apple that has a breakdown. One could argue that the lack of widespread availability of qualified people would be a form of "bad" customer service. Plus, where are there inherently customer service issues with PC? MS is a pain to deal with, but often the actual computer vendor is not, so that really is a moot point.

4) Given the "ease of use" Apple sells themselves with, and the "virus proof" marketing they have had, they can no longer justify the prices. They are not "virus proof" (it is harder to make a virus for them, but still entirely possible), and they really aren't all that much easier to use for anyone other than people who are familiar with Apple. Transitioning from a PC to a Mac is not necessarily intuitive, logical or easy.

5) I own Apple's most prevalent product. I don't find it at all easier to use than most of the competition, I bought it for the widespread support, and the large capacity. I also paid quite a bit more for it, and it has been known to lock up more than what it replaced did.

Comment

I think the MS adds are a little ridiculous b/c they specifically look for models that don't exist in the apple lineup.

That's like saying hey we're going to go into the ferrari dealership for a family of 7 looking for a car that suits their needs, if they find it, they can buy it! Sure they won't end up with a ferrari...

but which would you rather have?

You pay a premium for a nice product. It has always worked that way.
                              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X