Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help An Import Loyal Girlfriend

Hi Everyone,

I need your help. Being the kick-ass chick that I am, I want to give my boyfriend the best X-mas gift ever (which includes something for his beloved Honda). I want to get him a toolbox with something engraved like "For The Best Racer On The Street". I KNOW ITS CHEESY!!! However, I would really appreciate the CB7 community's help on this one. I need all the help I can get with finding a place in the Los Angeles area that will do this.

-Thanks in advance

My identity must stay a secret because my bf is on this site all the time.
    MY BOYFRIEND CAN BURN YO' ASS ANY DAY!

not exactly sure of places to get that done, but it sounds like a good idea!

i'd think more about that engraving though; because it doesn't necessarily have to be related to cars.

Comment

not sure where to get it done, since i live in nyc, but i think that quote needs some work. Id put something having to do w/"CB7" on it....jus my .02
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Pshh don't write something cheesy on it. Get him a really nice toolbox, and put one of those I <3 my cb7 stickers. Totally pimp.

BTW you are one cool chicka to put this much thought into your b/f's gift
        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

she gets a kiss from me!

Comment

Try to PM us with your boyfriends screen name or somthing so we can see which CB7 is his and maybe we can help you get him somthing for the car. this way he wont find out who you are. just a thought.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
            JDM H22
            Port n Polished Int Mani
            Bored TB, maxed
            MSD 6A
            I/H/E
            no cat
            [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
              she gets a kiss from me!
              How bout no...?
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I know of an engraving shop around LA

actually its in Arcadia off the I-210 east exit santa anita ave make a right a couple of hundred feet and its on your left hand side its called Trophies and such i think.

Comment

Possible better quotes to use:
                  With the love of your Honda for the love of my life

To the love of the strip from the love in my heart

It takes years of schooling for surgeons to perform miracles...all i needed was a 102 piece tool set.

Please provide food, beverages and relaxing music while contents of box are exposed

Proceeding use of the inside contents, direct stimulation of my rack and pinion is highly recommended (dunno just HAD to add that one in there lol)
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

look at this guy. he is so romantic ahahahhah midnite u da man lol
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Wow... I wish my girlfriend came on here to get help with my xmas present! That's the coolest thing! Please tell us who it is after xmas! We gotta know!

Anyway, there's a place in the malls around my area called "Things Remembered". They engrave just about anything. Hell, you could go to a place like that, get a metal plate engraved, then attach it to the toolbox somehow. Either drill holes in the top and bolt it down, or find a machine shop that would rivet it for you. Having the box itself engraved may be harder than getting a plate attached to it.

My local community college also has a laser tech prorgam. They etch all sorts of stuff with lasers. That's a place you could look at too...

Good luck, however you manage to do it!

Comment

Thanks guys!

I knew i could count on the rice-burning community. I decided that i am going to go to things remembered and just get a plaque engraved and have it bolted to the toolbox (smart idea!).
                        so, any suggestions on what kind of tool set i should get him... you know, like the basic tools every man should have? i mean, i can't just give him an empty toolbox!
                        MY BOYFRIEND CAN BURN YO' ASS ANY DAY!

Comment

Craftsman and Snap-on are my preferences... Craftsman is probably your best bet. You can go to Sears and get some nice stuff for decent prices. And it's all there in plain sight, seperately or in sets. I got a 122 piece ratchet set for $90 (and it's more than I need...) It didn't come in a traditional box though... it came in a black plastic box (which makes it easy to store...)

You could grab a good selection of wrenches, hex keys, perhaps a torque wrench (something I hope to get myself!), a couple different sized scrapers, wire cutter/stripper, a mallet... Even if he has that stuff, a guy can never have too many tools! New is always good.

Comment

my ol lady's got that beat. she's getting me (paid for and on the way)
                            1pc jdm headlights (true jdm)
                            90-91 front bumper from sedan (new)
                            mugen lip!!

top that bishes!
                            i love her!!
                            almost as much as the cb9...almost.
                            Last edited by souldoubt; 12-03-2004, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Wow... that's love! Or wealth...

My girl is probably getting me a P28... if I can find one cheap enough. I'll probably have to pay the difference of the cost, since she already bought me some stuff. Still, it'll be worth it. We're both broke, so I understand that I won't get much.

Comment

Working...
                              X