I got lucky! timing belt broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got lucky! timing belt broke

i had just gotten some gas to go up to nc and about 10 miles after i left car just cut off was the most silence i have heard n a while lol..so i pulled off to the side n i knew what it was lol just called AAA n took it to my work and today i changed the belt and crossed my fingers sure enough i started it right up and compression is a ok! it actually runs better i think it had gotten stretched vac at idle is at 24 and steady at idle heres some pics

the belt was totaly destroyed it was coiled around the crank sprocket like a snake lol! it bent my crank shaft position sensor and the belt retainer lol
    b4 u guys start flaming i bought the cheap one bc i thought i was going to have to spend money on a valves i wanted to c if it was messed up first we all arent made of money
    Last edited by 90_accord_22657; 08-06-2009, 07:21 PM.

Like i told you earlier you got lucky! Who knows how bad it coulda been if you were in boost :-x

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
    Frost White Member 13
    My Ride
    "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

DAVID!!!

whats up bro been a while man
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

was the belt soaked in oil?

EDIT: were ur seals bad?

Comment

no it was just getting to b that time i guess i had gotten some p/s fluid on it

Comment

Originally posted by 90_accord_22657 View Post
            no it was just getting to b that time i guess i had gotten some p/s fluid on it
            how many miles? was it the OEM belt?

Comment

maby like around 60-90k it was a oem one

Comment

my god this makes me cringe hardcore. i dont think im takin another road trip till i do the water pump and timing belt. i couldnt imagine gettin stuck in tennesse at 2am

Comment

haha yeah good thing i wasnt in boost and getting into it it all woulda been history i was cruisin in 5th going about 3200 or 3500 :P

Comment

doing those timing belts on those civics are super easy.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      doing those timing belts on those civics are super easy.
                      the sohc? i think he has a b series

Comment

Yeah his is DOHC. You can see the cam gears in the pick with the VC off. Glad it didn't turn out worse for you man.

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
                          the sohc? i think he has a b series
                          all of them are super easy. anything without balance shafts.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                          X