school loan advice needed ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

school loan advice needed ASAP

i just got semi screwed over by my coach and kennesaw state university as a whole .
    there are fees that weren't applied to my account for my scholarship and they are going to drop my classes by friday if i don't pay 1,200 bucks .
    my parents don't have it , i sure as hell don't either . . . and i just need to pay it off until i can get this iddish straightened out with the university .

. . . does anyone have any suggestions to where i could get that kind of money in 2 days ? legal or not ? ( jk , but foreal . . . )

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
    - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Go to your school's financial aid office right away. They'll be able to straighten the situation out.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
      Go to your school's financial aid office right away. They'll be able to straighten the situation out.
      i just left a second ago .
      they gave me the option of paying half now , and the rest 45 days later . isue is , that 1200 is the half i need . i'm just not sure where else i can get that kind of money quickly ( even if the apr is stupid . )

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Have to talked to a bank or credit union?

Originally posted by khal.lawson
        . . . does anyone have any suggestions to where i could get that kind of money in 2 days ? legal or not ?
        You could always sell your "services"

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Any kind family members? Friend's with kind parents?

Propose a payment plan and ask nicely?
          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            Have to talked to a bank or credit union?
            i got denied by wells fargo , and suntrust . wachovia seems to be my last hope and i'm waiting on their response . i'm calling them in a few .

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
            Any kind family members? Friend's with kind parents?

Propose a payment plan and ask nicely?
            i KNOW my mother and step father don't have the money , and my dad is . . . well , my dad . not very helpful in things that are important , you know , like my education ?

i got them to offer me half off of what i have to pay until 45 days from now , but i just have to find a way to pay that 1200 . i begged man literally in public to the lady behind the desk . lol

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post
              i got denied by wells fargo , and suntrust . wachovia seems to be my last hope and i'm waiting on their response . i'm calling them in a few .

i KNOW my mother and step father don't have the money , and my dad is . . . well , my dad . not very helpful in things that are important , you know , like my education ?

i got them to offer me half off of what i have to pay until 45 days from now , but i just have to find a way to pay that 1200 . i begged man literally in public to the lady behind the desk . lol
              How necessary is your car? Probably don't want to think about it... but college > car.
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

How necessary is your car? Probably don't want to think about it... but college > car.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139639

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

This is a tough dilemma. I too had too had to face this during my college years. I sold my car and took up a full-time job aftwards to purchase another car. But in all seriousness, try a credit union for a loan. Sorry that you are going thru this. I can totally sympathize with you. Good luck!
                  Bisimoto Engineering
                  1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                  2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                  3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

What kinda fees were these that were missed?
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

federal stafford loan...thats what i got to pay for the majority of my school...but then i got screwed over by my other loan company to pay the rest and i had to pull 2 grand out of savings to cover the rest...

Comment

yeah , josh covered it .
                        if i had it , i would sell it asap .

Originally posted by accord93racer View Post
                        federal stafford loan...thats what i got to pay for the majority of my school...but then i got screwed over by my other loan company to pay the rest and i had to pull 2 grand out of savings to cover the rest...
                        my financial aid award only covered half and coach was gonna take care of the rest .

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
                        What kinda fees were these that were missed?
                        half tuition + meal plan ( which i don't need , but is mandatory )
                        i even bought my books already so this is kinda *** .

if i'm not enrolled i can't practice , train , or compete with my teammates
                        most importantly I WON'T BE IN SCHOOL .
                        man , i'm trying not to panic but i'm beginning to think imma be outta school . . .

any ideas though guys ? i'm just about out .
                        the only upside to this is i could work + train + study on my own until january

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Do you have a credit card with that much available on it? You can take a cash advance. The APR is obscene, so you won't want to sit with that balance on the card... pay it off ASAP... but that's one way to do it. I've thankfully never had to do that myself, but it's always an option I keep in mind if I'm REALLY screwed for money, and I know it's a temporary situation.

Or just pay it on the card. I paid for my Associate's degree on my credit card, then worked my balls off every summer to pay it off.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Do you have a credit card with that much available on it? You can take a cash advance. The APR is obscene, so you won't want to sit with that balance on the card... pay it off ASAP... but that's one way to do it. I've thankfully never had to do that myself, but it's always an option I keep in mind if I'm REALLY screwed for money, and I know it's a temporary situation.

Or just pay it on the card. I paid for my Associate's degree on my credit card, then worked my balls off every summer to pay it off.

nah , i don't have one . i guess it wouldnt look to get one and then ask for 1200 huh .

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post
                              the only upside to this is i could work + train + study on my own until january
                              If you have other options available, I would steer clear of taking time off. Many friends of mine have done this, and weren't able to get enough money saved up to return to school.

If you decide to take a break, however, be sure that your school will apply your scholarship(s) again when you return. Some schools do not reapply scholarships when students take a leave of absence.
                              My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X