Clear All

Stupid cheap tires

Got them in Nov last year, only like 8k on them
    wat?

Brand?
    RETIRED...

Comment

How's your alignment?

Cheap tires generally last forever, because they're made of hard, unforgiving rubber. At least that's always been my experience.

I just got some Yokohama S.Drive for the Fit... holy crap do these tires suck. Terrible on-center feel, and a panic stop felt like I was riding on Jello. I couldn't tell which direction my car was squishing in! They've worn out a bit now, and it's better... but I'd still NEVER buy those tires again. They weren't my first choice as it is... DiscountTireDirect just didn't have the ones I ordered, so I had to settle.

Comment

Its some chinese crap, Geostar, came on the alloys when I bought them,
        How's your alignment?

Cheap tires generally last forever, because they're made of hard, unforgiving rubber. At least that's always been my experience.
        Thats what I thought too lol, never got a alignment on it, its always drove perfect so never needed one.
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          Thats what I thought too lol, never got a alignment on it, its always drove perfect so never needed one.

just becasue it drives straight doesn't mean the alignment is good. the tires might be doing this / \. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
            just becasue it drives straight doesn't mean the alignment is good. the tires might be doing this / \. later.
            Last set of tires never did this lol. I think i have some camber issues on the drivers side, but I don't believe theres much i can do about that.
            wat?

Comment

I've gone through plenty of tires because it felt fine... but if the alignment is off, you're going to be eating through your tires. Your car doesn't have to pull to one direction or the other for the alignment to be bad enough to kill tires.

The good thing is, those cheap no-name tires are shot, and you can replace them with something worth driving on! Just don't get Ling Longs...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Just don't get Ling Longs...
                What you know about Ling Longs

Comment

I am a Ling Long expert!

Comment

Shoulda had a Dunlop.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I am a Ling Long expert!
                      what about the wang chungs?
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

How's your alignment?

I just got some Yokohama S.Drive for the Fit... holy crap do these tires suck. Terrible on-center feel, and a panic stop felt like I was riding on Jello. I couldn't tell which direction my car was squishing in! They've worn out a bit now, and it's better... but I'd still NEVER buy those tires again. They weren't my first choice as it is... DiscountTireDirect just didn't have the ones I ordered, so I had to settle.
                        where do you go to get your tires mounted and balanced, and how much does it cost you?
                        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

How's your alignment?

shit I don't think S drives are that bad man. Maybe you got the H rated version? My 215/45R17 W rated S drives are grippier then hell. The compound is definitely softer than my last set of BFG G Force Sports, I've only put on 3k on them so far so I can't give an overall life of the tire review on them, but so far they're great for AZ weather.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            what about the wang chungs?
                            Only when I want to have fun.

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                            where do you go to get your tires mounted and balanced, and how much does it cost you?
                            I usually just buy new wheels with the tires on them. Last summer I had Jak Frostwhite mount and balance my tires for me at the Honda dealership he works at. Before that, I would go to my stepfather's Chrysler dealership and have them do it for free. I paid to have a tire mounted and balanced once at a small shop... $22, and they said they took care of me. Screw that.
                            These S.Drives that I have now came on my new wheels.

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            shit I don't think S drives are that bad man. Maybe you got the H rated version? My 215/45R17 W rated S drives are grippier then hell. The compound is definitely softer than my last set of BFG G Force Sports, I've only put on 3k on them so far so I can't give an overall life of the tire review on them, but so far they're great for AZ weather.
                            I've put about 3k on mine in the past 2 weeks.
                            Car and Driver reviewed them, and they said that the skidpad grip was TERRIBLE... actually on par with the cheap Chinese Ling Longs that were the butt of all jokes throughout the test. They grip well enough for me, though. I'm not trying to race on them... just drive normally. Turning has always been solid and secure. It was just the initial on-center feel (which has improved with wear, I will say), and that scary-ass panic stop... I haven't yet had to do that again to test how they react after being broken in a bit.

I'm thinking maybe the center rib was a bit too tall in the design, and under stress, it takes the majority of the force put on the contact patch. Who knows... I wish I got my Dunlops, though! Dunlops always last a long time, wear evenly, and handle very nicely. Even the cheap ones. I've never been disappointed with Dunlops.

Comment

I've put about 3k on mine in the past 2 weeks.

How many total miles are on it now?

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X