Check out these very rare synthesizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out these very rare synthesizers

I really wish I could get a Buchla 200e. These are very rare and VERY expensive. I love vintage musical instruments. They look like some type of crazy scientific invention that a mad scientist made in his basement.

Buchla 200e:

MacBeth Studio Systems M5:

Serge Modular Systems:
    Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-16-2009, 02:24 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

talk about decisions. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Lol yea tell me about it. They have so many sound design possibilities. Now the way synths are is all digital and you just press a button and skip through different sounds.
      With those vintage synths, you actually have to connect patch cables from one spot to another spot and turn all the knobs to create different sounds.
      They remind me of the old phone operator's switchboards. They basically work the same way too.
      Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-16-2009, 04:32 PM.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

This is actually one of my favorite synths of all time. The sounds from it are incredible. So full and warm.

ACCESS VIRUS TI

My member's ride

Comment

I don't own any actual synthesizers myself, but I recently acquired the Korg DS-10 for the Nintendo DS.

Fun little piece of software, with a cool basic synth.

Those old-school synths were from the days that I would have had more respect for the people making the music. It's not as simple when you have to manually create each noise via patchbays, knobs and axises.

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
            I don't own any actual synthesizers myself, but I recently acquired the Korg DS-10 for the Nintendo DS.

Lol thats funny because I was actually just watching some video's of people playing with the DS-10 and I was really impressed at the sound quality. I actually want to get a Nintendo DS now to use as a wireless MIDI controller to control my recording programs wireless when I am in my vocal booth. By the way, you ever see the "Traxxpad Portable Studio" for PSP? Check it out:

Those old-school synths were from the days that I would have had more respect for the people making the music. It's not as simple when you have to manually create each noise via patchbays, knobs and axises.
            Yes that is very true but however, with even modern synths if you don't use the preset patches inside it, you can make your own and you basically have to mess with the sound the same way as you used to have to except that it is all digital. I actually have a bunch of 2 GB SD cards that are filled up with patches that I made myself. When I want to use them I just pop in the SD card that I want to use and load it into the Korg.

So for example if I wanted to make a sound on my Korg TR, instead of plugging in patch cables, I would have to connect whatever modulator, LFO, or effect that I wanted in the audio chain by digitally connecting it. It's kinda hard to explain without you actually seeing what I am talking about.

I definitely have respect for the people that use the old school shit though. I want to start collecting vintage musical gear. I like it all from the old drum machines and synths to the reel to reel recorders.
            Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-16-2009, 06:55 PM.

My member's ride

Comment

I was just about to say that. Synth music with these types of instruments is much more of an art form than modern synth music.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I was just about to say that. Synth music with these types of instruments is much more of an art form than modern synth music.
                Yes it is very much so an art. I want a vintage synth really bad. I might have to look on eBay and put in a couple bids if I see anything good.

The Access Virus is a little bit more modern then the first 3 video's that I posted but it is my favorite synth. I remember when I first seen it in Guitar Center and I played with it for like 3 hours straight. They had to literally kick me out of the store because they were closing
                I may have to bid on one. They are fairly cheap (about $2800) compared to those other old vintage synths that can cost anywhere from $3000 all the way up to like $20,000

My member's ride

Comment

Working...
                X