Dog biting himself???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog biting himself???

wassup guys, i have a pitbull and for some reason lately he has been biting himself, I dont know wat the problem is. Do any of you guys ever had this problem with your dog and if so wat did you do to make him stop??

Flea

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
      Flea
      Fleas.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

no. its just one flea

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
          no. its just one flea

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
            no. its just one flea
            lol.

OP, elaborate on the "biting" your dog is doing.
            Is he "biting" as if his leg is a nice juicy piece of meat? Or just kind of nibbling as if he's "scratching" his leg.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
              lol.

OP, elaborate on the "biting" your dog is doing.
              Is he "biting" as if his leg is a nice juicy piece of meat? Or just kind of nibbling as if he's "scratching" his leg.
              he has spots of hair missing, like he is biting plugs of hair out, and I washes him weekly so I doubt its fleas but maybe

Comment

Originally posted by 91@CCORD74 View Post
                he has spots of hair missing, like he is biting plugs of hair out, and I washes him weekly so I doubt its fleas but maybe
                Fleas don't give a shit if they're wet.
                Get Frontline.

You may want to take him to a vet if you don't see fleas. Could be a medical condition. My gma's dog used to chew off his own hair. He had a skin allergy to her room deodorizer (sp?).

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                  Fleas don't give a shit if they're wet.
                  Get Frontline.

You may want to take him to a vet if you don't see fleas. Could be a medical condition. My gma's dog used to chew off his own hair. He had a skin allergy to her room deodorizer (sp?).

Comment

You wash him weekly? It could be the soap you are using?

Washing a dog too frequently will dry out it's skin of the natural oils. What type of soap are you using? Is it fromulated for animals or are you using human soap? Not bieng a dick but human soap will dry out and irritate a dog's sensitive skin.

Try a different dog shampoo and follow it with a coat protectant as well.
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post

Washing a dog too frequently will dry out it's skin of the natural oils. What type of soap are you using? Is it fromulated for animals or are you using human soap? Not bieng a dick but human soap will dry out and irritate a dog's sensitive skin.

I washes him with a dog shampoo, but what is this protective coat that you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by 91@CCORD74 View Post
                        I washes him with a dog shampoo, but what is this protective coat that you speak of?
                        You probably should you done some research before getting a dog.. But since you have it now look it up

My dog isn't supposed to be washed more then once a month.. Going by the breed he is

If he keeps doing it ...... Bring him to the vet..

Comment

he's got the clap.

He been to Vegas recently?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post

I was told to use sulfer 8 shampoo and hair grease

Comment

told by who? if it wasn't a vet you shouldn't have listened. Take your dog to the vet now, or give it to someone who will take care of it.

When plugs of hair are being bitten out you MUST seek professional help.
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X