ColorWare...custom painted electronics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what he meant was:

this is not hard at all, when doing this is the new standard...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by coletrain View Post
      Why not get it painted? Is it only because it's expensive?
      It will void your xbox's warranty too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        It will void your xbox's warranty too.
        Oh, no shit. So even if I did it myself the warranty will void anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
          what he meant was:

this is not hard at all, when doing this is the new standard...
          thanks, bro
          "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by coletrain View Post
            Oh, no shit. So even if I did it myself the warranty will void anyways?
            Very likely. It's been modified. For all they know, you took it apart to paint it (and really, that's the only way to do it right). Who's to say you didn't take it apart, paint it, and get cat hair all over the insides? Or sneeze on it? Once you've obviously tampered with the machine, they're reluctant to honor a warranty, because the problem may not be because of their defective equipment... but possibly your negligence.

Comment

150 bucks holy fuck!

is the plastic piece a removable face plate or is it part of the unit with those little hologram sticker thingies?

a can of automotive enamel, a can of clear (not really even necessary) patience, a few light coats, a few grades of sand paper and a bit of soap and water and if you desire a light buffing compound and wax, and your set. thats how i did my guitar and it looks brilliant.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Very likely. It's been modified. For all they know, you took it apart to paint it (and really, that's the only way to do it right). Who's to say you didn't take it apart, paint it, and get cat hair all over the insides? Or sneeze on it? Once you've obviously tampered with the machine, they're reluctant to honor a warranty, because the problem may not be because of their defective equipment... but possibly your negligence.
                There is a little sticker under the faceplate that is near mpossible to remove without ripping. If you open the console you will rip it for sure thus voiding your warranty.

Comment

Working...
                X