Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bringing a Car from canada? harder then i think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing a Car from canada? harder then i think?

in my search for an ex coupe..There is a "minty" ex-r coupe 5spd in white.. I would not mind flying down to pick it up..since it would only be a 8 hour drive back..which is not too bad. but my question is..can i cross the canadian border with a non registered/insured car from america?

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
    I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

your post is confusing.

I assume you want to import a car from Canada?

try riv.ca im sure it will tell you or link you to the american site.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by Clean-CB7 View Post
      I would not mind flying UP to pick it up
      North is up, south is down.
      Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I assume you will have issues at the boarder driving it without registration... I would have it shiped or tow it... In MA have fun getting it registered.. Sometime it works sometime you have to jump through hoops...

But in NH you can buy w/e you want... Have you seen the white rhd, true jdm mini trucks driving around.... I did alot of work on them and the guy that owns and imports them from japan and all he had to do was take someone for a ride from the nh registry to see if they felt it was safe and they will let you drive anything... Better yet register it in VT ... You dont even need to live or have an address there... I dont know if you have noticed but thats what the illegal mexicans do..

I dont understand why you would want a candian honda anyways...

Comment

It's rare to actually be "minty" from Canada. Their winters are harsher than ours.

Driving it back would be an issue. Towing it might be, unless it's on a towtruck.

It's the same as importing any other car from another country. Just because it's just from our nearby neighbors to the north doesn't mean it won't have to be verified to fit US DOT and EPA standards. Of course, it's probably documented that the Canadian CB Accord DOES meet those standards, so it wouldn't be too hard... just a lot of paperwork, probably.

If you're going to go through the hassle of importing, get JDM.

Comment

we use alot of salt that doesnt help at all. just because its on a flatbed or getting towed, doesnt mean its fair game. I know for importing to Canada, it seems like a long and tedious list, but if you do your homework its not bad at all.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

It's going to be a pain in the ass. I still think you have to get the recall letter and such. Although if you wanted to buy it and have me keep an eye on it until it passes your classic 20 year rule, I wouldn't have a problem with that =)

Comment

It's 25, not 20 Sucks... if it was 20, I'd have a 1989 GT-R by now!

Comment

save your self the hassle. FL cars are rust free & no border issues

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Disregard that thought. Acquire a NSX instead. It seems like you have dough.

Comment

plus u get to go to florida in the process...

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
                        Disregard that thought. Acquire a NSX instead. It seems like you have dough.
                        Do you think about what you type before your fingers touch the keyboard?

How does it go from him buying a Canadian CB, to him having enough "dough" to buy an NSX?

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                          Do you think about what you type before your fingers touch the keyboard?

How does it go from him buying a Canadian CB, to him having enough "dough" to buy an NSX?
                          Assuming he has the money to spend on his integra and is willing to spend on getting a car across the northern border. It seems like a better suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
                            Assuming he has the money to spend on his integra and is willing to spend on getting a car across the northern border. It seems like a better suggestion.
                            I think you have money with all the jdm bullshit you buy for your cb. Is that the truth?

Oh, you still rocking that jdm cb9 vin tag as a dog tag??
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              I think you have money with all the jdm bullshit you buy for your cb. Is that the truth?

Oh, you still rocking that jdm cb9 vin tag as a dog tag??
                              i just lol'd

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X