No announcement yet.

What makes a man a "Man"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using "man" in quotes is just using a relative term to judge maturity. so are you asking what makes a Man a MAN (vs a woman), or at what point does a boy become a mature adult man?

and to the latter, its hard because its different for everybody and every person expresses maturity in some areas but not in others. but i think what really denotes somebody as a mature individual is if they posess the quality of being able to think about things before acting on them / saying them, and being able to assess your different options in difficult situations before making the best decision that is respectful of both yourself as well as the other people and things involved in (and effected by) your actions & words.

of course that is still a generalized "definition" which can be manifested in any infinite number of ways, but to me that seems to be the precursor to what most people consider "maturity" - a man being a "man," a person whos a good role model, somebody who does right by their friends, whatever.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
      Here's my .02.

A real man:
      Has a woman that he loves.
      Cares for his family (wife, wife and kids eventually).
      Would die for his country.
      Earns his share, does not receive it.
      Knows how to protect himself and family.
      Doesn't need help.

I'm not a man yet, I'm a soon to be 19 year old boy.
      This.

An addition to add about caring for his family, is also having family values.
      Taking Risks to do better.
      also having the common courtesy and or having the right priorities (Believe thats the correct word)

Comment

in addition to everything(mostly) said, a man is someone that is proud to love harder than he can fight.

A man is someone that will do whatever needs to be done at whatever time to protect himself and his love ones.

A man is someone that will take responsibility for all of his actions even the bad ones.

A man is someone that will do whatever he has to provide for his family, all pride aside.
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

alright. this is my opinion. i think that any boy. that can take resposibility for his actions can be considered a man. and when i say take responsibilty for his actions i mean anything.. anything from not running from a pregnant girlfriend that was already stated. to something as small as admitting fault in a car accident. or not fighting a speeding ticket when he was really at fault. so any guy that can admit and take action about something he fucked up on. i will call a man no matter what your age. caus ei know guys that are retired that i still wouldnt call a man

98 Sunfire GT current DD

Comment

green, you rang?

Comment

Man law? lol.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
              2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                A 'MAN' takes responsibility for his actions and the success or consequences that follow.
                Best sentence in this thread soo far

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher View Post
                  green, you rang?
                  /thread.

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                  A MAN abides by the "Noshavember" law.
                  Quiet, you.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  using "man" in quotes is just using a relative term to judge maturity. so are you asking what makes a Man a MAN (vs a woman), or at what point does a boy become a mature adult man?

and to the latter, its hard because its different for everybody and every person expresses maturity in some areas but not in others. but i think what really denotes somebody as a mature individual is if they posess the quality of being able to think about things before acting on them / saying them, and being able to assess your different options in difficult situations before making the best decision that is respectful of both yourself as well as the other people and things involved in (and effected by) your actions & words.

of course that is still a generalized "definition" which can be manifested in any infinite number of ways, but to me that seems to be the precursor to what most people consider "maturity" - a man being a "man," a person whos a good role model, somebody who does right by their friends, whatever.
                  Im not talking about scientific biology, physical/genetic "what makes a man", im talking about actions. Im talking about things that a Male Human specimen does in today's world and society that set him apart from the children.

What seperates the men from the boys, basically. Lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i fail by Turbomaxx's definition. i wouldnt die for this country. and no. im not sorry to say it. dont get me wrong. i respect the soldiers who do. but its just not me

i DO take care of my family
                    i DO love my woman and her kids
                    i DO take responsibility for my own actions
                    i DO treat everyone with the respect they deserve.
                    i DO try my utmost best to do everything i can for others.

Comment

hank williams jr tells you how to be a man

Comment

The Big Lebowski: What makes a man, Mr. Lebowski?
                        The Dude: Dude.
                        The Big Lebowski: Huh?
                        The Dude: Uhh... I don't know sir.
                        The Big Lebowski: Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost? Isn't that what makes a man?
                        The Dude: Hmmm... Sure, that and a pair of testicles.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Working...
                        X