Just Another Rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Another Rant...

I'm officially getting real tired, real quick of my Accord. Hopefully y'all have better luck than I do.

Today, I was dropping a friend off after school. I parked in his driveway and went down to look at a car he had for sale. The driveway is steep...but the e-brake holds it. Kinda. I'm there, sitting in the car ('87 Olds' Cutlass Supreme Brougham), when all of a sudden I look out over the windshield and I watch on as I see the Accord sailing down the driveway towards us. Luckily the wheel was cocked a tiny bit and it ran over some large wood pieces which made it come to a stop where the front drivers side was up about 2 feet higher than the rest of the car. I frantically open up the door and run toward the car. The brake is still yanked up all the way. I then look at the drivers side...besides being suspended 2 feet higher than the rest of the car...it seemed swell. I try to push the car off of the wood. No luck. So I climb over the wood and Dukes of Hazzard my ass into the car. My body, when sitting flat on the seat, was at over a 45 degree angle. I try to ease off of the wood and BAM! The car abruptly falls to the ground. Obviously...the car didn't sound to swell. Luckily, the actual brakes still seem to be working fine, and the suspension *seems* fine...but I'm taking it to my grandpa's tomorrow and we're gonna jack it up and see what happens.

And above that, I think my clutch is going. Lately it's been slipping like mad. Like I'll be shifting and instead of instantly grabbing the gear and applying power, it sorta lags and does whatever...THEN kicks in. As well as when I'll be shiting INTO gear, with the clutch firmly to the ground, the gear grinds. I don't believe this tranny was ever good when I got it...but this is rediculous.

I hope you guys have better luck.

:thumbsdow
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Ya know mechanics can tighten up your e-brake and install some new pads in the rear drums for ya, not too expensive.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

...it's rear disc.

It's not even just this brake thing. It's like every time I drive it something breaks.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

First, take into consideration how old the car is. I'm assuming it is a fourth gen. Accord, right? For a car, that's pretty damn old! You can adjust the e-break cables to fix that prob., and sounds like your throw-out bearing in your tranny could stand to be relpaced, along with the clutch.
        But if you really want rid of it, I'm sure you could post it for sale here and with the right price someone would take it off your hands... For example, I'm looking for another cb7 myself, but have limmited my search to a five speed EX. Good luck, and consider ALL options...
        Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

yeh i know how ya feel. i had been having problems where my car would stall out all the time, so i took it to the mechanic but he couldnt find anything. then i took it back a couple months later and he said it was the distributor. it cost me $400. it fixed it and it ran fine. well guess what, it fucking stalled out on my again last night, and i flipped a shit. when you pay $400 for a problem to be fixed, its not supposed to come back 3 months later. pissed.

Comment

Well I jacked up the car today to see what was up.

Lukily I couldn't see any SERIOUS front suspension damage from the fall. If there is any it's probably not that bad. The only thing really broken was an exhaust hanger. lol. But I figured out that part of the problem was that I needed new rear rotors. They were sorta rigid instead of "smooth as a baby's rear"...so that probably contributed. And the thing with the clutch is funny. It's very random. Some days it's fine...some days not. When I take it into the shop next time I'll have them test it. No biggie.

Just another interesting Accord experience.

And supernova...I just so happen to have a 5 speed EX for sale. Check out the signature.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

park it in gear = solution to ebrake problems

Comment

Get another car. After all "parting is such sweet sorrow" you'll miss your cb after a while. I can't stand to be away from my cb for more than a couple days i just want to make sweet love to the gas tank filler hole. lol but then thats just me...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Bah... stick with it! I mean, everyone's car breaks. These cars are old, so things happen. Still, you can just upgrade when things break! Get some Brembo rotors... Find yourself an H series LSD tranny... The game isn't cheap, and it never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCB7
                    Well I jacked up the car today to see what was up.

Lukily I couldn't see any SERIOUS front suspension damage from the fall. If there is any it's probably not that bad. The only thing really broken was an exhaust hanger. lol. But I figured out that part of the problem was that I needed new rear rotors. They were sorta rigid instead of "smooth as a baby's rear"...so that probably contributed. And the thing with the clutch is funny. It's very random. Some days it's fine...some days not. When I take it into the shop next time I'll have them test it. No biggie.

Just another interesting Accord experience.

And supernova...I just so happen to have a 5 speed EX for sale. Check out the signature.

If only I had 4 G's...
                    Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

Working...
                    X