Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Kizashi

http://www.suzukiauto.com/kizashi

What do you guys think? I just caught an ad for it in C&D, and it says that they're aiming for the A4 and TSX with it.

The front end looks no more impressive to me that your average cheapie Suzuki. I think the rear looks good. I'm not sure what I think of the interior yet.

Looks pretty nice, not something I would buy though. Korean companies are really stepping it up.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Looks Dodge Avender-ish.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
        Looks pretty nice, not something I would buy though. Korean companies are really stepping it up.
        Uh, Suzuki is Japanese and this car is made in Japan.

Granted, the old Suzuki Verona was made by Kia in Korea, but that is a totally different vehicle.

Comment

The last batch of Suzuki cars were Korean-made... but not the new ones. If you notice, Suzuki changed their whole lineup. They dropped the Daewoos (which is what they were) completely.

Comment

Deev, it was only a few cars that were Korean. The SX4 and 'utes have always been Japanese designs.

Verona
            Forenza/Reno
            Swift+ (sold in the US as the Chevy Aveo)

Comment

I was only referring to the cars in the last batch, not the trucks, or truck-like things. Verona, Reno, and Forenza, as you said.

The SX4 was the first of the "new batch". It's also a damn good car. It's that little thing that makes me think that they might actually have something going with this Kizashi. Suzuki has been around a long time, and their cars actually hold up pretty well (bash the Swift/Metro all you want, but I still see plenty of them rolling around to this day!)

Comment

Swifts/Metros were good cars. Tin cans perhaps but well built!

I like the SX4 and the Aerio that came before it. A bit quirky but that's a good thing these days.

Comment

I hated the design of the Aerio... though the new batch of hatchback things (including my Fit that I love so much) aren't all that much different. When you look at the design of those current hatchback things today, it seems that Suzuki was ahead of the game!

I think the Aerio was probably one of the more poorly built Suziki cars... probably one of the reasons they went Korean for a while. I don't often hear of mechanical troubles with them, but the bodies don't seem to be holding up very well. Then again, that could just be a lack of care by people who own old cheapie cars.

My friend's dad has an SX4, and I got a chance to get a good look at it. I like the design. It feels solid, and the interior doesn't look like it belongs in a cheap car. I mean, it's no Lexus, but it's not a far cry from my Fit. Car and Driver even showcased a modified one... some company boosted one, and made some pretty impressive power. Not a bad looking little car, either.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket View Post
                    Uh, Suzuki is Japanese and this car is made in Japan.

Granted, the old Suzuki Verona was made by Kia in Korea, but that is a totally different vehicle.
                    Always thought they were korean, still my opinion stands, I would not buy one.
                    1993 Accord EX
                    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Suzuki has proven that they can make a hell of a vehicle with their motorcycles, though. Suzuki crotch rockets are among the best made, and their cruisers are about as well-respected as Honda bikes (the hardcore Harley guys may still laugh, but most educated motorcycle enthusiasts appreciate the quality)

Comment

Does anybody know a base price yet?

Comment

hmm I like the interior. Suzuki has always been as good or better than other manufactures out there in bikes and I'd trust them on cars as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hondadiablo View Post
                            Does anybody know a base price yet?
                            They start under 19k, and can be optioned to 24ish it seems.

Comment

I think it suppose to be right around $20k It hasn't been finalized yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X