Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fml - nasal congestion

I HATEEE ITTT...

anyone else get it quite often? i feel like i got a minor cold and for the last 2-3 days i haven't been able to REALLY breathe thru my nose specially today and yesterday night! if i take benadyl or something with "phenylephrine" in it it kinda helps but still is no relief! i tried inhaling boiling water vapor doesn't work for me since my nose is completly stufffed up..even if i try to blow my nose it's no good, and eating and drinking sucks too since u feel like u can't breathe for shit....and those AFRIN sprays i stay away from. i got addicted to them last year for about a month and had about 3 months recovery from them so fawk that...

idk what to do
    except drug myself with nighttime medicine and see if i wake up tommorow feeling better..

anyones got any home remedies? i googled some but some are just too and some don't work for me..

i'm beggining to think i got a nose problem. probably 10-25% of my whole life i've never really been able to breathe thru both nostrils just 1... weird..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Go see a doctor....?

Just a thought.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
      Go see a doctor....?

Just a thought.

Some remedies after a couple of days will do nothing but cause "Rebound" (basically makes the problem worse than before).

If it has been an issue throughout your life go see an ENT (Ear, Nose and throat) Doctor.
      3 CB's gone....
      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

I've had allergies since I moved to AZ back in 04. Doctors and everyone says that I'll eventually adjust, but here I am just getting over sinus infection number 12, and I sneeze on average of 20 times a day. I use breathe right strips to help sleep at night on the bad nights. I get bloody noses 3-4 times a week.

I'm also allergic to more things that I never used to be (cats mostly). I can go into a customer's house with cats, and come out 30 minutes later having to breathe through my mouth.

Comment

i'm allergic to cats too and a little to dust and fiberglass and i've been in the garage with dust, a cat, and bondo and sanding the intergra down so the primer would stick...and i'm guessing that's pretty much it and the GREAT drop in temparture too in roanoke...

i think if i just sit back and take it easy i should be okay. i will go see a doctor whenever i have insurance again..i had medicaid or some crap but it ran out because i turned 19 i think..i'll have to get my own thru my employer..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

If I'm stuffy I just get in the shower and turn the water as hot as I can stand, and just let it spray in my face... inhaling through mouth and forcing exhale through sinuses. Sucks at first but then things start to break up/liquify and improve, and by the end of the shower I'm usually fairly clear.

I've never tried it but I have heard good things about "nasal irrigation". Apparently if you've got constantly plugged sinuses, you might have a sinus infection and irrigation helps clear it out. Seems a bit strange to me, but my brother's GF and my mom both swear by it. (google search it, a lot of doctors recommend it).

Comment

go get your adenoids removed?

drink liquor?

fresh air usually keeps me breathing through my nose whenever im sick..
              ..[CB7][STAR]..
              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
              X